Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

ACTA

13 years ago

It's basically an international treaty to censor the internet. Anyone else mad about this?

ACTA

13 years ago
evil fuckage from hell

ACTA

13 years ago

Some deserves to, some doesn't. If this pulls through, no one will know each other here... lol

ACTA

13 years ago
Uhh, what? Read your post again and tell me if it makes sense, Jeff, haha.

ACTA

13 years ago

No.

What I meant was, it should be stopped, although some of it should be deleted. If they censored this site, it would be difficult to tell who's who because of all the naughty langwidge.

ACTA

13 years ago
the web is public property, simple as that for me.

ACTA

13 years ago
Not that kind of censor.

ACTA

13 years ago
As in leave the internet alone. Sure, copyrighted material shouldn't be free public use, but for most accounts thats up there with removing the tag that says "Do not remove" on your mattress.

ACTA

13 years ago
IT's not really about write or wrong. By implementing these laws, governments get the power to stop us at borders, search us without warrants, etc. Go read about it on wikileaks.

ACTA

13 years ago
lol, write. I know what it is, please stop assuming I have no idea what I'm talking about, I'd like to discuss something other than what everyone and their mother knows is wrong. The government needs to stop acting so dumb, some people actually aren't terrorists/criminals.

ACTA

13 years ago
You have no idea what you're talking about but that's okay, because I have no idea what you're talking about. In fact, I don't think anyone knows what you're talking about.

ACTA

13 years ago
Perhaps you're as confused as you usually are in conversation and think that I was replying to you when I was talking about censors?

ACTA

13 years ago
Oh, sorry your post wasn't clear enough. I assumed you were talking to me. Well, we all know what you get when you assume i guess.
Frankly, I'm trying to talk about censorship and copyrights on the internet, not start another flame war. Now, about ACTA (or internet censorship in general)...

ACTA

13 years ago
MY post wasn't clear enough? It's pretty clearly in line with replying to Jeff's AND Jeff is the only person who ever mentions censorships. You assumed whatever you assumed because that's you, that doesn't have anything to do with my post so don't frame it like it does.

What I did post afterwards:

"IT's not really about right* or wrong. By implementing these laws, governments get the power to stop us at borders, search us without warrants, etc. Go read about it on wikileaks."

Is my thought about ACTA. Frankly, when we download copyrighted material from the internet, we're stealing from the owner of the copyright. Period. But it's a lot less evil to have that going on than to give a government totalitarian control.

ACTA

13 years ago
clear enough TO ME. We good? And I agree, pirating copyrighted stuff is wromg, but this is way too far out to ever be fully enforced, if it is, God help us all.

ACTA

13 years ago

Fail.