The Invasion of CYOA

Player Rating3.44/8

"#384 overall, #13 for 2016"
based on 102 ratings since 04/17/2017
played 190 times (finished 29)

"walk in the park"

"A nice jog down the driveway"

"I'll need to see some identification"
Some material may be inappropriate for persons under age 16. If this were a movie, it would probably between PG-13 and R.

It was a normal day on CYOA (Choose Your Own Adventure), when suddenly, aliens began inhaling all the text from the site! Can you stop the invasion!?

Small Update: Added Ford, Tim36D, and TCount parodies.

The choices of names could've certainly be better. :/ "Smeto" doesn't make much sense, though we know who it is. EndMonster and ThanaPeaches are better because they somehow relate to the original outside of name parodies.

There were a few grammar errors, but what really got to me was the tense changing. You 'said' things in past tense, then suddenly, he 'says' something in present tense.

The storygame wasn't very funny either. At least for me. Perhaps I'm just not excited by the random type of humor involved in the storygame, but in general, I felt that it was really thin. What they said was equivalent to somebody that keeps swearing thrice per sentence (well, not that annoying); there's no real meaning to it. It doesn't even attempt to help someone understand the site better.

While I'm simply not a fan of storygames like this, your writing is pretty good. :D Just need better names and a purpose, and it could be really good!
-- Crescentstar on 1/12/2017 10:41:09 PM with a score of 0
This was an attempt at a random humour game using obvious versions of well known members to attempt at the inside joke feel of other games in here.

Sadly despite using people's names, there was never really enough text to parody them properly and most of the names could be interchanged easily so it didn't really work in that aspect.

The game was also extreamly short and linear, when the choices didn't lead to instant loss they were just sending you back to the other choice anyway so it was a single path game. If you want to make a joke game using members names you have to remember that members change, many of the active members right now are new and will be replaced by other in a year or two so the humour has to not only parody them but also be funny for someone who doesn't recognise the names.
-- FeanorOnForge on 1/10/2017 2:09:19 PM with a score of 0
3/8 It didn't have enough humor
-- Multiverse on 9/1/2017 10:12:42 PM with a score of 0
Clever plot. It might be better if there were more choices, but it's pretty good as is.
-- Livgg on 9/1/2017 3:53:47 PM with a score of 0
The idea was nice, but I feel like i could have been executed in a somewhat less random, linear manner. As for it being a parody, it feels more like a generic random story with CYS names tagged on than a parody of the site and its members.
-- Romulus on 8/22/2017 3:38:31 PM with a score of 0
I thought this was pretty awesome and enjoyable. All the names made me laugh, especially Smeto. It was short, sure, but I liked the humour and the style of writing. Felt like I was literally browsing CYS at one point, and that's an experience in itself. It might benefit from some further development, but the puns were amusing and I enjoyed it.
-- Saika on 7/25/2017 7:30:44 AM with a score of 0
Pretty boring despite all the cameos. Needs to be longer paragraph and page wise. Please note that there is no rush to create storygames as this one has a lot of potential to be a featured one. I recommend unpublishing it, really think about what kind of random derailments that have occured in the past. Trust me, there are plenty.

4/8
-- Jimmysutton on 5/11/2017 9:34:39 PM with a score of 0
It's a great idea- but I feel that it came off a bit boring. This has a lot of room for improvement.
-- PhantomStylus on 4/22/2017 5:47:25 PM with a score of 0
It was quite good and very unique.
However, I feel that it could have been longer. The story was a bit too short.

Overall good. 5/8
-- TheSurvivalist on 3/26/2017 9:52:54 PM with a score of 0
Fun. Didn't get most of the inside jokes though.
-- TheFairManOfNeverland on 2/21/2017 6:29:06 PM with a score of 0