The Invasion of CYOA

Player Rating3.49/8

"#457 overall, #31 for 2016"
based on 124 ratings since 04/17/2017
played 369 times (finished 63)

"walk in the park"

"A nice jog down the driveway"

"I'll need to see some identification"
Some material may be inappropriate for persons under age 16. If this were a movie, it would probably between PG-13 and R.

It was a normal day on CYOA (Choose Your Own Adventure), when suddenly, aliens began inhaling all the text from the site! Can you stop the invasion!?

Small Update: Added Ford, Tim36D, and TCount parodies.

Okay, so based on the teaser page, this is a joke story. Fair enough. Nice first page, I like that I have choices. I am a little confused that I have choices since the homepage is gone, but…it was a quick split there with the choices leading me back to The Post. That’s fine, I’m not expecting a developed story here, so it’s nice to see the choices give me options. I do like that when I get to the search section there are actually options there, as well. There’s no clue which is the right option, but at least there’s options.

Of course, that feeling of joy quickly disappears when I find out that it’s actually a click-fest and I have to choose the correct option to continue. The next choice was even less of a choice. And wait, how did EndMonster create the die alien storygame before we even started? I’m not sure why the link item was added. Since it could only be used that one place, I think it might have worked better as an actual link instead of an item.

Then the ending was, well, a little weak. I mean the idea here was nice, but clearly this was very little more than a joke storygame. It could have been more detailed, had more action, and had more choices that led to different outcomes and different paths to get to those outcomes. It was a nice attempt at a parody, but really just wasn’t all that developed to be effective for me.
-- Ogre11 on 5/14/2018 3:43:52 PM with a score of 0
The choices of names could've certainly be better. :/ "Smeto" doesn't make much sense, though we know who it is. EndMonster and ThanaPeaches are better because they somehow relate to the original outside of name parodies.

There were a few grammar errors, but what really got to me was the tense changing. You 'said' things in past tense, then suddenly, he 'says' something in present tense.

The storygame wasn't very funny either. At least for me. Perhaps I'm just not excited by the random type of humor involved in the storygame, but in general, I felt that it was really thin. What they said was equivalent to somebody that keeps swearing thrice per sentence (well, not that annoying); there's no real meaning to it. It doesn't even attempt to help someone understand the site better.

While I'm simply not a fan of storygames like this, your writing is pretty good. :D Just need better names and a purpose, and it could be really good!
-- Crescentstar on 1/12/2017 10:41:09 PM with a score of 0
This was an attempt at a random humour game using obvious versions of well known members to attempt at the inside joke feel of other games in here.

Sadly despite using people's names, there was never really enough text to parody them properly and most of the names could be interchanged easily so it didn't really work in that aspect.

The game was also extreamly short and linear, when the choices didn't lead to instant loss they were just sending you back to the other choice anyway so it was a single path game. If you want to make a joke game using members names you have to remember that members change, many of the active members right now are new and will be replaced by other in a year or two so the humour has to not only parody them but also be funny for someone who doesn't recognise the names.
-- FeanorOnForge on 1/10/2017 2:09:19 PM with a score of 0
Nice story, although - EndMonster seems like the kind of person who would grumble about aliens at least having more intelligence than a lot of the people we have been receiving on the forums recently.
Oh, you also forgot Misalt! Entertaining read.
-- Ficsean_Chef on 3/26/2019 9:49:52 PM with a score of 0
NIOCE
-- Jakethebro on 2/14/2018 4:06:52 PM with a score of 0
can you make a sequal
-- randomguy(supertick) on 1/11/2018 7:09:17 AM with a score of 0
get rid of cysid now before he can rebel!!!!!!!!!!
-- AurondragonTyr on 10/21/2017 12:03:13 AM with a score of 0
3/8 It didn't have enough humor
-- Multiverse on 9/1/2017 10:12:42 PM with a score of 0
Clever plot. It might be better if there were more choices, but it's pretty good as is.
-- Livgg on 9/1/2017 3:53:47 PM with a score of 0
The idea was nice, but I feel like i could have been executed in a somewhat less random, linear manner. As for it being a parody, it feels more like a generic random story with CYS names tagged on than a parody of the site and its members.
-- Romulus on 8/22/2017 3:38:31 PM with a score of 0