Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Mass Effect

10 years ago

Just wondering, does anyone play Mass Effect?

Mass Effect

10 years ago

Read the plot a lot. I actually liked the ending but did notice it didn't make much sense compared to all the choices your character could have made before.

Mass Effect

10 years ago

everyone is busy playing GTA5 now.

But I consider GTA5 to be shit; for an extremely long game where you need 100% completion with all 3 playable characters, having the last mission to kill one of the guys you're played so much as is a REALLY bad idea.

Mass Effect

10 years ago

I actually have not played that yet. lol

Mass Effect

10 years ago

I played mass effect 3, the demo.

I would have bought it, but heard people say "We have all these choices, have fun with 3 endings. Also they are the same thing but with different colours" So I decided again it.

Mass Effect

10 years ago

I always thought that the whole ending argument was unjustified, everyone just wanted to see Shepard go home a hero, I guess some people just can't handle a difficult decision

P.S. Give it a shot

Mass Effect

10 years ago

I'll wait until that new patch comes out so that they add more endings. I didn't go through the game being forced to be the moral character as opposed to the well-trodden Endmaster-like path that I went through Dragon Age with to realize that the only 3 endings you get is a choice of fanservice. As Yao Ming would say: "Fuck that!"

Mass Effect

10 years ago

Yes, I'm a huge fan of Mass effect.

It's a great trilogy. :)

Mass Effect

10 years ago

I do love and play Mass Effect, I'll occasionally play ME3 online with friends on my Xbox if anyone logs into it, I think I'm leveling an awoken collector at the moment but its been a couple of weeks.

As for the endings discussion I believe the original ending which made a lot of sense and sounded very cool had to be scrapped due to some asswipe leaking the info, then they got in a different writer to do a new ending. I played through within  day or two of release and hated the ending, then played through with the updated added scenes and info ending, also with leviathan etc. and I think it was indeed an improvement. Not an ending I liked since it didnt tie in properly with a great many of the hints and querks in all of the games but deff not bad enough to ruin the whole game for me and it answered at least most of the most hated points about it.

Edit to add: My dislike (originally hatred but I have cooled off and its just dislike now) of the ending has nothing to do with Shep dying- I had already assumed that he and maybe even his entire crew might die in the final battle or something equally interesting. I didn't like it because it simply didn't fit the game the way it should have, A properly crafted ending is built up through every minute of every game in a series culminating in something that makes you think "Wow! everything makes sense now!" and you remember back to the thousands of little hints and questions carefully placed throughout the game- for the original ending which I believe was complex but involved an imbalance in dark energy amongst other things leading to stars behaving wierdly etc you have entire missions talking about the sun of a planet you are on behaving strangely and many other more subtle hints. This new ending was a changed and tacked on affair which meant everyone said "Wait whats going on, who is that and what happened to all the majorly important and cool stuff that was being hinted at for 3 entire games?" As I said it could never ruin what was a truely amazing trilogy but I dont like it, I will however play through again as a full renegade and just slaughter people :)

Mass Effect

10 years ago

On the bright side, the classic question of  "Who'd you rather fuck?" that has been asked by fanboys and 5th grade gamers for centuries can be answered right then and there without contemplation... And you get a cheeve for it!