Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 12/26/2005: see comments

progress reports

18 years ago

i was just thinking... what if we could get progress reports on games...

example: someone (person A) keeps bragging, advertising, talking about a game they are "working" on. it sounds like a great game tht you want to play. So you check their profile and look at the game description. well, as it stands right now you can only see the short description. you dont know if they have worked on the game in months or not. so, why not add a percentage meter on each game that is not published. the meter can be manually changed by the author to show just how much work they have done. you can, instead of a percentage meter, have a rating of 1-8 on it. 1. just a title 2. just a title and description 3. hey, i gotta a main character 4. the main character has some choices. 5. some of those choices are pretty good too. 6. uh oh... look out, i got a plot. 7. their are some grammar and typos. 8. it is under review by the publisher now!

the reason i want this is so that when people talk about a game rather than actually doing it themselves you can know now rather than 7 months down the road. that way if you like the idea you can do it yourself!!!

nate

progress reports

18 years ago

It sounds like a good idea.

Yeah. I agrre!

progress reports

18 years ago
It won't stop the author from just cranking it up to eight, everyime they brag.

progress reports

18 years ago
You have a point. My thought is, the author should include it in the short desc, or open the game up for "Beta" playing (by providing a link to it).