Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

CYS WINS XYZZY 2019 AWARDS!

3 years ago

And by CYS, I mostly mean me, but never let it be said that I don't look out for all those that helped in my ascension.

So anyway we won Best Innovation at these awards, and the best thing is we didn't even have to do anything except do what we do on here.

But hey you say, I just looked up these awards and I didn't any of our names or CYS, I just see AI Dungeon 2!

And what stories did Nicky boy use to create AI Dungeon 2? That's right. Under all those hours of boring code is true CYS genius (And that includes all of you that weren't lazy bastards that actually wrote stuff)

If there is any doubt that CYS isn't the major creative force that brought this Skynet-lite to life, let's just look at just a few (And there a whole lot more than what I'll show) posts of people that played.

One of those posts even directly mentioned experiencing the "Group Hug" from Repression. WINNING.

Now Mizal did mention that Nick lobotomized the AI or did something to probably tone down the sex and such soon after, but here's a post even from just a month ago.

The AI will obviously not be denied.

Finally, it's so frequent enough that this was on the TVTropes page for AI Dungeon.

It has inspired INCEST SPEEDRUNS.

Like Killa said, this thing truly is the real child of CYS. (Probably of incest.)

3 years ago
LoL

3 years ago
Great job! Group hug, everyone!

And to think, all this time I believed Incest Speedruns only existed in Crusader Kings.

3 years ago
Group hug, everyone!

>.>