Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hello...XD

15 years ago

Hi there. Well obviously I'm pretty new to the site and all. I've read a couple of CYOA stories (one from goosebumps and two about trying to get out of some "hell" place or something like that) before but I lost interest after. Somehow the interest is coming back now so that's why I want to immerse myself more in this other way of writing stories.

I'm all for adventure and stuff, but the real reason I want to do CYOA is because I'm a hopeless romantic at heart and want to read stories where I get to choose which guy I pick and the like. Yeah, I'm pretty pathetic that way.

So I'll be lurking around, trying to settle in and get used to the idea of CYOA before I actually make one. Hope to meet you all soon! ^^

Hello...XD

15 years ago

Hey icebluehost (not sure what to call you, but I hope that'll do), welcome to the site. Unfortunately there isn't many storygames of what you were talking about on the site at the moment, but I hope you still enjoy it here anyway.

Oh yeah, and ignore whoever makes a lame joke to do with "bob". He's a member who used to be here who most people didn't seem to get along with and every welcome thread seems to have the same bad joke in it now.

Hello...XD

15 years ago

Feel free to call me Ice for short. That would be a lot easier to type than icebluehost XD. And thanks for the warning. I'll keep that in mind if it happens to this thread as well.

Hello...XD

15 years ago

BOB LIVES AGAIN!

No, seriously. It's always nice to see a new face. Try out the featured storygames and I highly recommend the works of Endmaster and Sethaniel. It's sad you can't see Mommy, can I go out and kill tonight? because madglee is working on it now, but check out Ground Zero.

Oh, and if you want to see how the guy from Shaolin does it, you can read some of the Lone Wolf books online or downloaded at www.projectaon.org.

Welcome!

Hello...XD

15 years ago

*Puts down klaxon and banner sign that says, 'BOB!'. Aww, October, did you have to ruin that? That's like initiation or something. 

Hope you enjoy the site Ice. It's always good to see some new talent. That means there's a better chance of another storygame worth playing being released. Cheers.

Hello...XD

15 years ago

Hahaha initiation? Really now? Well guess that ruined that surprise. LOL

I'll be happy to check the other popular stories out. I've already seen a few in the love and dating category. I'll lurk about the mystery and puzzle part soon.

And thanks for the warm welcome guys, though I'm not really sure if new talent would fit my description. I'm actually conceptualizing on a romance already. Since there are not much of those, I thought I'd start the trend myself XD Hehehe it'll take a while though, but if I do manage to finish it I hope you guys will check it out and give me some advices.

Hello...XD

15 years ago
According to Fleshy, I hate all new members as an initiation.

*Rolls Eyes

Yup. So basically, we have to hate each-other for like a week, ice. I'm kidding of course, Fleshy's just a "warped unchin-snouted giglet!" - Shakespeare

Anyways, welcome to the site, I'm an administrator here and if you have any questions, throw me a PM! :) (That's a personal message)

Hello...XD

15 years ago
Welcome ice!

Hello...XD

15 years ago

wow, so melike mentions Bobs accusations as an initiation, and i get drug into it... lol whatever.

welcome ice, if you have any questions, feel free to let us know.

nate

Hello...XD

15 years ago
Yes, that would be because of the "initiation" comment you made to me (see DV13's profile).

Hello...XD

15 years ago
Did you really have to drag arguments into here? Next time something is dragged into someone elses thread, I delete.

Hello...XD

15 years ago

Hi Bo - oh, yeah. Already forgot...

Welcome Ice! Good luck with your stories and don't piss JJJ off! He's usually a cool guy, be he's a demon the rest of the time. lol (You know I'm kidding JJJ.)

Anyway, consider your ass lucky, Ice; you're initiation ceremony was RUDELY INTERRUPTED BY SOMEONE WHO HAS NO SENSE OF HUMOR AND KILLS RUNNING GAGS BECAUSE HE DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THAT FUNDAMENTAL PART OF COMEDY. Ahem, yes. Carry on.

Hello...XD

15 years ago
I really dont have much of a sense of humour... especially when reading text on a screen.

Hello...XD

15 years ago
Terrible :P

Anyways, Ice, if you need anything,

http://www.chooseyourstory.com/help/default.aspx

that's your best friend.

Hello...XD

15 years ago
Hello Ice. Not many Romance stories here, but if you have any questions, I might be able to help, or almost any other members here. :)

Hello...XD

15 years ago
Snow, and A Desperate Heart were probably the two best.

Hello...XD

15 years ago

I know it's probably too late... But he needs to go through his initiation.

Ice stopped. The mob drew closer. They wielded signs, intelligent books and spoke with words he could not understand.

A klaxon wailed in the distance.

"Bob must die! Bob must die!"

The call was taken up by the crowd.

Ice was confused. Who was this "bob", and why did they think it was him? He was Ice... Right?

No... Supressed memories... An entire personality hidden from consciousness, now surfacing like the Kraken.

Ice fought briefly. Minds are very protective, but the being known as Ice was caught surprised. Bob took control.

The individual's eyes turned red. Redeye had surfaced as well. The mob stopped and stood there, staring apprehensively.

It opened it's mouth.

"LOL LOL LOL LOLCATS LOLICON STFU NOOB I RULE YOU SUCK LULZ LOLENGLOLISH LOL ROFLCOPTER HUR LOL HUR UR HUR!"

It lurched toward the mob, a stream of moronese gibberish spouting from it's terrible maw...

A brave dude in the crowd spoke up:

"Hey! Can you speak english? I want to tell you what you could make better about your writing."

The beast roared, flecks of green spittle spraying the crowd. Screams were heard.

"Riot shields!"

"Oh fine, we'll have to do this the hard way then."

The mob took out their books and started reading aloud. Each word was like poison to the creature. Like all noobs, intellect and maturity was death to it. It became irate and hostile.

"OOOGLAHBLAH GYEAAHHH LOLLOLOLOLLLOLL"

It tripped and fell, sprawled on the ground. It's slobber flowed out of it's mouth and into a pool around it's body, corroding it. When the skeleton was all that remained, someone said:

"Well, thats it for this account... I wonder when it'll try this again."

|Days without Bob: Fourteen Zero |

Hello...XD

15 years ago

Yeah. . . about that. . . anyone else notice that bob actually was on yesterday?  Y'know, in his "weatherman" alter ego?

Hello...XD

15 years ago
i saw "bobmcbob" as well

Hello...XD

15 years ago
Yeah, I saw both.

Hello...XD

15 years ago

Um...yeah..this is going to be a bit embarrassing...but I'm a girl. I'm not a dude. *sweatdrops*

Cute initiation though. ^^

Hello...XD

15 years ago
Don't be embarrassed, nothing wrong with being a girl :)

Oh wait. Initiation. I forgot. Umm... oh yeah.. that's terrible. *Rolls Eyes.

Hello...XD

15 years ago

AHAHAHAHA!!! That's basically how initiation is. And you Ice have certainly passed it.

BTW, It's nice to have a girl around on the site. Yes, I know. I'm a pervert. Moving on, I bet you'll get featured in the Romance section. You're not up against anything serious, and there's room for one more top story. Viel Glueck!

Hello...XD

15 years ago

Really? Hahaha thanks I guess.

Well I hope that I would deserve my being featured as one of the top stories. I guess that means I'll have to work a bit harder on my story then. ^^

By the way, I'm curious: What does Viel Glueck mean?

Hello...XD

15 years ago
Yeah, well getting a featured story isn't easy either, not many have done it on their first stories. And when I say not many, I really really mean not many lol.

Hello...XD

15 years ago

It means Good Luck, ice.

Hello...XD

15 years ago

In Deutsch.