Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

The Court

12 years ago

So I have an idea I really like. I will typically start a story, do a page, and stop, but I think this might be the one that finally breaks that habit of mine.

It's inspired by Sheogorath, of the Elder Scrolls series. Basically just the idea of a mad god in a rough medieval setting, though.

It's set in The Court, where everyone but the upper ranks of society is... well, mad. The "king" himself is rather eccentric as well. For example, I've got background where he orders all doors hanged and burned at the stake because he had an argument with one and the door won. The Court is like a place where people go when they sleep, or die, but the king is one dreaming here. I'm thinking the end goal is to become the new king, but I haven't narrowed things down yet. I've got maybe five pages going so far.

I'm wondering if anyone would like to co author this story with me. I'm thinking that will supply the kick in the ass I need to get going.

If you are interested I can send you the first few pages.

The Court

12 years ago

Sound's like a very intresting story but will Sheogorath be making an apperance and if so, will he be The God of Madness or the God of Order? (Shivering Isle's)

The Court

12 years ago

No. It's inspired by him, but that's really the only role he plays in it. I was just using that as an example of how the character would function.

However, considering I'm asking for a co author, I would be willing to change my opinion on that. A cameo might work well.

I just believe that an entirely original character and realm would be easier for me to write.

The Court

12 years ago

ya sorry, i misread the post above.

So what is the journey you will take in this story, can you give us a basic idea on what will go on in the story?

The Court

12 years ago

So from what I have read, it seems to be quite intresting. You did a really good job on immersion and the writing is good too. I would suggest some slight background on your character. Maybe some background on the other's as well but it's up too you.

If i remeber right, Nearly everytime you worked with Sherogeth he usally presented puzzles or a mission to spread madness. Maybe adding some puzzles would be good. I'm quite excited for this story.

The Court

12 years ago

It's sad that nobody else has commented on this thread.