Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Background Looping and Source View

10 years ago

When using the <body background=" "> it causes said background to loop.  Is there a solution to prevent the looping and stretch to fit?

Also, when using the editor, is there an option to have 'always on source' view?  Each time I exit the editor it defaults back to regular view.

The answers to these questions may be painfully obvious, my excuse is that it is getting late.

10 years ago
  1.  I think this page has the info.
  2. It's not possible as far as I know, as most people dont want to be bogged by all the tags when writing.

10 years ago

Is there possibly an explanation why my source code gets deleted whenever I switch to that view from normal view?

10 years ago

I think I figured out my own issue.  I was testing script in the page editor as opposed to the script editor.

10 years ago

Unfortunately, the site does not yet support CSS stretching of background pics (only colors).

10 years ago

In regards to not supporting stretching, is there a way to force the size of the window (not necessarily full-time but at least upon initial opening)?

10 years ago

I don't think that's possible, as the story viewer itself is hard-coded to open itself.

The only thing I can think of, is to create a pic of your background AND Text and then to set that on your page and tell it to fill 100% width - that way it will give the look of a full background with text... But your resolution has to be high enough not to pixilate the text too much...

10 years ago

I think it will just be easier to recommend resizing window prior to starting the story.

10 years ago

So just out of curiosity, what happens when you center a really big pic as background? the centering feature does work BTW, even though stretching does not...

10 years ago

The quality of the image is too high as it is.  If I were to keep it at its original resolution, it would be well over the max. allowed 100k bytes.  On top of that the max. size you can upload is 550 x 600 px.  I could, theoretically resize it to 550 x 600 px and lower the quality to keep it within the 100k bytes requirement but said picture would look strange and wouldn't make sense (the new shape).

I am actually satisfied with recommending the viewer resize their window because it keeps the image looking 'proper'.  I realize now that, for this particular image, stretching the background would make it look out of place as well.  (The only downside is viewing on smartphones and tablets as you cannot re-size the window, but with the limitations in place I am fine with that).

For other background images in the story, I am sure I can just resize the image to fit the requirements of the site seeing as the initial image is at a much lower resolution.

10 years ago

Read this.