Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hi....again

5 years ago

Hey there. So i haven’t gone on here in over a month and when i tired logging back on my account wouldn’t let me go onto any other page without signing me out again. I don’t know if i got banned or it was a glitch. If it was a ban then I will leave this account and won’t create another account again, out of respect. Just curious, thanks!

Hi....again

5 years ago

Such site behavior does signify that one has been banned, so your assumption was correct.

Anyhow, if you do still find yourself interested in the lands of CYStia, not all hope is lost. I'd advise on reflecting upon your past actions to figure out what may have caused your ban. The truth is that if you lurk awhile (not drawing attention to yourself) and get a better feel for what is acceptable and not, making a new account later (with a different name to separate yourself from the past), and avoiding negative attention (perhaps even finding a way to contribute to the site), it is unlikely you'll be forbidden reintegration into these fair lands.

Now, obviously, this would require some effort on your part (as I don't recall instances of bans occurring for literally no reason, thus you'll need to change something about your conduct), but it certainly is possible, despite not being a common occurrence.

I mention this because your willingness to stay away after a ban "out of respect" is definitely a good sign, and tells me you are probably not a completely lost cause. This is why I have outlined a way back in, if you so desire.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Oh, also, I'll quickly add that taking a break, even a long one, can be helpful, as with time you are likely to grow as a person which may help in better figuring out how to avoid bans in the future (albeit this depends on your circumstances to some extent), thus making reintegration easier (and who doesn't love some good character development?).