Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Stealth

2 months ago
I have a stealth part in a story, and I want to incorporate a sort of minigame to do so, what would be the best 'minigame' to do so?

Stealth

2 months ago

Tell the reader for this part of the story, put legos on the floor, take off their shoes and socks, and turn off the lights.

If they manage to walk across the room without injury they should pick the winning choice.

Stealth

2 months ago
I get this is joke, but part of me wonders how well people here would take having to do something irl (or online) in order to progress a storygame...

(Music links withstanding...though I kinda wonder that too...)

Stealth

2 months ago

You'd have to find out a way to "measure" your success. These are written stories, so stealth mechanics may be a bit difficult to turn into a minigame. Luckily, there are variables you can input - such as items, dice rolls, random chance type things. When I think mingame - I think of a system that has different mechanics than the game I am playing, but still based within in. For a CYOA, it would be hard to put in a minigame with that definition because the premise is "your options are A,B, or C" then picking one affects the story.

Stealth

2 months ago
There's really no way to make the physical act of clicking text to get to more text fun, it's going to come down to writing a tense or otherwise entertaining scene regardless.