Player Comments on Revenge of the Sphinx

This was an interesting sequel to a game that I remember enjoying quite a bit. I found the writing to be serviceable, and there wasn't much that I seen wrong with any of the grammar, if at all actually. I think you did a pretty good job in being expressive with your writing, even if you could say that this was more game than it was story. It was still a fun little time waster in my opinion, so nice work.

I do believe that perhaps there could have been more riddles given to the player, and maybe more challenging ones at that. The riddles in this story-game weren't really that hard, though I do suppose they were riddles that were fun to answer. Although I do think that perhaps there would have been more of a sense of accomplishment on my end if I really had to rake my mind with answering some of the riddles in this.

Still, I did love the humor and overall tone you used for this work. There was simply something quirky and fun that I found about your writing that has helped with my enjoyment of the games in this series of yours. I only wish that there was more here for me to enjoy with this story-game, because it was an interesting read for me.

Cheers for writing something that was quite fun, viking8779.
-- TharaApples on 11/19/2017 4:27:07 PM
I am a big fan of riddles (I'm the Riddle Wizard!), so I enjoyed playing this storygame very much. I did have some issues with this, however, and that ruined the experience. Hopefully this can be fixed and updated to make it more enjoyable for future readers.

This wasn't very well researched. I feel like barely any effort was put into this, especially when it came to giving the backstory of the Sphinx and how it came to this situation in which the storygame takes place. In the first page, the history of the Sphinx is very vague and non-descriptive. It could be improved with more research and time put into creating this.

If there were any spelling and grammar mistakes, I must have missed them, so kudos to you! ^~^. Good luck in further storygames, and following my advice will certainly help for a future storygame.

3/8
-- Nyctophilia on 3/1/2017 7:41:42 PM
This was an amusing way to spend a few minutes but I have some of the same questions james did. Not sure why the game ends because the player gets a question wrong, wouldn't she just kill that victim and move on?

Ending was sort of weird too, but it may just be a reference to something I'm not getting.

By the way [SPOILERS FOR ANYONE WHO LIKES FIGURING OUT RIDDLES STOP READING NOW]

it got obvious pretty quickly that the first option was ALWAYS the correct one, you might consider mixing it up a little next time.
-- mizal on 5/19/2015 1:54:50 PM
good job
-- OLivers2 on 4/7/2019 1:08:19 PM
This game was enjoyable. Why did you put all the correct answers at the top of the list?
-- Faervel on 2/17/2019 5:20:41 PM
Easy riddles... no point... left with a cliffhanger in an attempt to be humorous but only made me wish that's where the story started.
-- BigRonn77 on 11/25/2016 2:13:45 PM
The ending was funny. Lol it's never going to be continued
-- CurseOfTime on 2/25/2016 6:41:06 PM
James and mizal both raised the same issues I have with the story. The writing wasn't bad, but the context just seemed kind of odd.
-- Bucky on 1/27/2016 11:59:00 PM
What a game. All the answers are at the very top. At least make it hard.
-- Penworth on 7/10/2015 10:54:58 PM
it's okay. But there wasn't really a twist or a change in the type of riddles. Just looking at words in different ways. So it would have been better if you included different kinds of riddles. Also the answers for the riddles were always the first answer so you'll have to fix that.
-- SonicTurboTurtle on 7/3/2015 5:10:52 PM
A fucking 8/8. Why, you may ask. Why would you give this story a 8/8. Well, fuckers, here's why.

Because she didn't lie at the end of the story.

To Be Continued (<-- That's A Lie, It's Never Getting Continued)

I laughed my ass off to that.
-- Puppy on 5/20/2015 11:06:56 PM
hehehehehe
-- AthenaT on 5/19/2015 7:23:36 PM
Wait, if we are playing from the perspective of the sphinx, then why do we have to answer her questions? Also, why is it that, if we, as a human, answer the question incorrectly, the sphinx counts it as a loss on her part?
-- jamescoker1226 on 5/17/2015 6:06:42 PM