Player Comments on The Raven

Though not as good as the original, this is a worthy tribute to Poe's masterpiece.
There are a few spelling/grammar mistakes, and the imagery can get a little repetitive. Overall, though, it's interesting to see such an excellent poem expanded into a piece of prose in which the reader steps into the shoes of the grief-stricken narrator. You even included a bit of backstory for how all of this came about; however, I admit that I would have preferred a more specific flashback.
The description of the creaking raven's voice is amazing!
-- JeffreyJabs on 8/14/2017 4:57:58 PM with a score of 0
Fantastic: you have caught the tone of the poem really well and the writing flows wonderfully making the story seem just like a troubled dream or a nightmare. I often think Edgar Allen Poe was a guy who literally lived his nightmares and to try and get rid of them he'd write them onto paper or try to drink them away, this story captures the dark and mysterious tone of unavoidable and inexplicable sorrow really well...
please write more :D
-- Will11 on 12/19/2015 1:10:39 AM with a score of 0
A story, shrouded in mystery. A tale that may never again be told.
This is what true storygames are. Choices, well detailed, but not too over the top. A step into the protagonist's shoes, makes it forever more interesting. It was great. And I'm glad to have read it :)
-- Shadowulf on 12/18/2015 2:19:27 PM with a score of 0
Loved the original poem, loved this narrative take on it.
-- llImperatorll on 12/27/2017 6:35:21 PM with a score of 0
Totally standing behind my opinion, it brings u enlightenment. and other things, but I guess you have to read it to know!
-- blackcigarette on 12/13/2017 3:48:37 PM with a score of 0
made me cry
-- blackcigarette on 12/12/2017 4:50:18 AM with a score of 0
Very beautifully written. Very true to the original source. Thank you.
-- SamuelWong100 on 11/6/2017 12:26:06 AM with a score of 0
It was amazing and it also made me look within.
-- Landen on 10/6/2017 9:18:48 AM with a score of 0
Good writing, but the game's playable length is too short.
-- TestingJest on 8/14/2017 9:52:13 PM with a score of 0
It's beautiful, a man trying to struggle through his mind. I loved the elpilouge where Leanore told you to let her go.
-- Chickdove on 5/14/2017 8:12:25 PM with a score of 0
A little depressing, but well written. All in all, a really enjoyable story.
-- lejama88 on 11/1/2016 6:16:18 AM with a score of 0
Very well written, catches the tone and spirit of the original poem. only a couple of grammar mistakes mostly the wrong pronoun used or words out of place. you descriptions were excellent I could easily visualize it in my mind. Keep up this type of work.
-- BigRonn77 on 10/5/2016 2:32:59 PM with a score of 0
This was fantastic! It conveyed the feelings of the original poem very well. Excellent usage of quotes from the poem. I loved it.
-- ThatOneAuthorGirl on 5/9/2016 3:34:40 PM with a score of 0
So... good. There were a few parts that said "my" instead of "your".
-- TheBossWriter on 1/18/2016 12:03:12 AM with a score of 0
ending! yup! the ending does have meaning
-- kai jun on 1/17/2016 3:17:21 AM with a score of 0
It was a sad story but it has an important message if you get the right ending.
-- crookedsmile on 1/1/2016 4:03:44 PM with a score of 0
An enjoyable, creepy game that's a welcome break from the usual sludge of terribleness. Very good game.
-- Steve24833 on 12/30/2015 4:30:44 PM with a score of 0
Good job! This is well spoken and it looks like a lot of effort was put into this. However, the only thing I would change is more choices.
6/8! Good job!
-- imagine13 on 12/17/2015 8:39:35 PM with a score of 0
Quite a nice story that imitates the creepiness that Edgar Allen Poe portrays. A nice addition to the site, it was quite entertaining and well written. Congratulations.

7/8!