Player Comments on ULYSSES: The Pegasi Incident

I was a bit skeptical at first, because of all the similarities to Star Trek, but by the time I reached the cliffhanger I was intrigued. How will the Ulysses' crew solve the mystery and avoid antagonizing the Cassians? Very good.

I think the story idea is strong; the overall concept is OK; the writing could use the tender ministrations of a pro or semi-pro editor, for grammar and succintness.

I'm looking forward to purchasing a copy when its ready.
-- Cal on 4/27/2007 6:28:24 AM with a score of 0
Alright I played the game and went through all it's options and loved it. At first I thought the story was guided but then realized that there were different options and it was not always a happy ending. In fact different ends which I love. Great game and well written.... I'm looking forward to the actual books.
-- chocobot on 2/8/2007 10:48:43 PM with a score of 0
Absolutely excellent story with nicely branching paths that lead to different events. I noticed no problems with tenses. I'm not sure what you could change to make this better - it's great how it is. Nice pictures, too.
-- madglee on 1/4/2007 2:08:28 AM with a score of 0
I was annoyed when the story cut off abruptly asking the reader to visit another website (which seemed unavailable) in order to finish. I feel as though an unspoken agreement btwn writer and reader was broken; we invested the time to immerse ourselves in the plot, learning characters, setting, etc... and no payoff.

Additionally, the story seemed somewhat uninspired in that it blatantly ripped off Star Trek. Virtually every cast member was a tweaked carbon copy of mostly TNG's characters (some TOS in there, tho). Couldn't the author do something less...predictable?
-- Annoyed on 1/19/2017 11:50:12 PM with a score of 0
Good, but forced me to visit a website to finish the game!
-- happystory on 9/29/2016 8:42:35 PM with a score of 0
As amazing as this is supposed to be, I couldn't find myself immersed in the plot. It's cliche and I really didn't want to read on by the time the book ended. Perhaps I didn't follow the most interesting route, but this was slightly funner than homework. I have really fun homework.
-- Rookie on 7/11/2016 6:29:40 PM with a score of 0
really? I thought this game lasted. But you have to go buy it from another site? Worst experience on this site to date.
-- albera09 on 6/25/2016 10:13:29 PM with a score of 0
It's a good story, I just feel like you should have given us a full book instead of a teaser. I suppose nobody likes unexpected marketing.
6/8
-- jason1stlegion on 6/6/2016 12:15:03 PM with a score of 0
This was pretty good, the different races are really interesting.
-- Miranda on 1/9/2016 10:04:20 PM with a score of 0
Very, very brilliant story. I liked how the story had many different paths to branch off from, and that I actually could follow the character and story development.
-- Adrian on 12/28/2015 12:31:21 PM with a score of 0
The only way to make it better is if you lets us play the full version so 7/8
-- Sparten116 on 11/28/2015 10:12:04 PM with a score of 0
Amazing story a lot of choises!
-- Marko on 11/16/2015 5:41:44 PM with a score of 0
wow! this game is great! i would totally buy it if i could.
-- Snowfall on 10/14/2015 9:54:46 AM with a score of 0
I was just getting into it, and then it ended abruptly. I'd like to read the rest without having to buy it.
-- corgi213 on 8/22/2015 8:12:08 AM with a score of 0
This is the best demo ive ever seen in this website. A great story, please finish it.
-- Penworth on 6/13/2015 12:21:11 PM with a score of 0
Awww. I really wish I could find out what happens in my path. This story was brilliant! 7/8
-- Creature on 4/10/2015 8:09:56 AM with a score of 0
Great story line.... Just add some more stuff like after you contact the tiger man in the suit :P. Besides that IT IS PERFECT!!!
-- I am LEEDLE on 3/14/2015 4:05:17 PM with a score of 0
Hey. Great game. I want to see what happens next.
-- annawood on 3/2/2015 8:32:56 AM with a score of 0
Good
-- Anime_Fan on 2/19/2015 9:05:18 AM with a score of 0
I wish we could finish it hear
-- waffen12 on 2/15/2015 12:31:23 PM with a score of 0
Definitly hated the cut off.
-- Nicholson on 10/22/2014 1:42:41 PM with a score of 0
Very well written, but I must point out the many, many, MANY similarities to Star Trek. I feel as though it ripped it off. Federation of Worlds? Really?

Also, the Ulysses was reminiscent of the Enterprise to the power of ten.

7/8
-- Malkalack on 9/7/2014 7:33:46 PM with a score of 0
Keep up the good work. Don't be afraid to put some bad endings. I can help if wanted.
-- Reid Z. on 8/20/2014 6:32:31 PM with a score of 0
Awesomeness in its pure form!
-- Awesomeness on 7/28/2014 8:22:13 AM with a score of 0
You've got a Federation, an intrepid starship commander and crew, a science officer, an alien empath counserlor, a strained relationship with an allied proud warrior race. It essentially feels like Star Trek with the serial numbers filed off. Also, I think for the CYOA format, one should stick with the traditional format of having a single character point of view. I didn't get the impression that the choices really mattered here as they always railroaded to the same point. But then again, this seems to just be the beginning of the story. Too bad the author bowed down to capitalism and are forcing us to purchase the rest of the book.
-- Chief Haro on 6/6/2014 11:03:54 PM with a score of 0
A very good story that ends with an exciting cliffhanger. Slightly short, but it is a demo after all. Definitely one to read if you enjoy sci-fi.
-- lukeskywalker645 on 6/6/2014 10:25:12 PM with a score of 0
how about one of the option is that you can have a small bubble like shield that protects you
-- rexiuss on 3/21/2014 8:08:09 AM with a score of 0
Gave it a 1 out of 5, not because i disliked the story, but because of your shameless profiteering.

Either release the full story for free, or take it off this site. People like you give capitalism a bad name.
-- Warhammerfan on 2/11/2014 4:30:46 PM with a score of 0
I felt it was a scam. It started off very good but having to pay to finish it ruined the whole thing. Poor form guys poor form
-- disappointed on 9/17/2013 1:23:02 AM with a score of 0
I would love to read more but the webpage didnt come up on how to buy the paperback :/
-- tigerstar26 on 8/3/2013 9:09:26 PM with a score of 0
Really interesting
-- jack10345 on 7/27/2013 3:36:03 PM with a score of 0
Good story, I am really interested to know what happens next. Very well written.
-- rabinjackman on 7/13/2013 1:49:25 PM with a score of 0
Fantastic, too bad the full version isn't available on the site :(
-- Aman on 6/27/2013 4:19:46 PM with a score of 0
Great stuff. But the fact that's it's a fucking comertial makes me sick, as there is no real way to win. So, fuck off. Create something great and distribute it for free on this websight. Don't post a fucking comertial. Thank you!
-- Tgetruegamer on 2/8/2013 2:08:57 AM with a score of 0
The whole thing should be online
-- TheImmortalOmegagoldfish on 11/17/2012 8:29:11 AM with a score of 0
Wow, rich development of both character personalities and the world at large. Background information is written into the story in an unobtrusive way, achieving a good balance between past and present. My only disappointment is that I can't finish the story right away! Once again, fantastic work!
-- Doppleganger on 9/18/2012 5:47:08 PM with a score of 0
Loved it. OK, so it sounds a bit like a star trek homage. I love Star Trek. Therefore I don't mind this at all. Great job, although next time try to come up with some more unique characters.
-- ChaiHai on 8/18/2012 6:34:38 AM with a score of 0
Nice
-- HAHA on 6/13/2012 2:07:55 AM with a score of 0
Nothing interesting to say about, infact it was too boring.
-- RobustSporadic on 5/19/2012 12:03:58 PM with a score of 0
It's just an advertisement for a book.
-- Unimpressed on 4/11/2012 8:25:45 AM with a score of 0
damn demo cutting me off like that
-- CovElite on 3/29/2012 11:41:45 AM with a score of 0
I agree, because authors shouldn't receive any payment whatsoever for their works. They should give books away for free, because everyone will be able to read the entire thing for free on the Internet.
-- bucket on 9/21/2011 4:49:31 PM with a score of 0
i liked it a lot. the demo was nice and all but instead of purchasing the book i think you should make a second part of this so that we don't have to purchase the book.
-- SEULaw on 9/3/2011 11:46:16 PM with a score of 0
very similar to Star Trek. but good story
-- Fireplay on 8/23/2011 6:46:16 PM with a score of 0
okay
-- Killer999 on 3/29/2011 2:49:49 PM with a score of 0
Planning to buy the book
-- Ellume on 3/19/2011 12:18:00 AM with a score of 0
Great but why did it have to end like that ? :(
-- Jon on 3/18/2011 1:16:05 PM with a score of 0
I dont really get it like is it a virus or what? but i still think its great
-- ? on 1/17/2011 10:27:11 PM with a score of 0
It very much reminds me of Star Trek but its very fun, for a second I thought I died but it was just the end of the demo.
-- doodoodude on 9/21/2010 6:26:30 PM with a score of 0
Ulysesses was very long I was very bored. Thank you have a nice day.
Love,
Jimbo
-- Jimbo on 9/16/2010 1:31:14 PM with a score of 0
Paul, do not ever stop writing. This is on my favorite stories list. Amazing. 8/8.
-- Jeff on 8/21/2010 11:05:36 PM with a score of 0
A spinoff on next generation.
-- Scott Milne on 5/24/2010 5:07:11 AM with a score of 0
wish the demo was longer but otherwise pretty good.
-- demonstar31 on 12/4/2009 2:00:55 PM with a score of 0
It's a cool storygame.
-- koolgai on 9/21/2008 1:33:34 PM with a score of 0
Very nice! Well written, interesting story. Great use of the choices with the characters- better alternative to using "you" everywhere. I -must- buy the ebook for the rest!
-- Raylathotep on 6/12/2008 2:28:32 PM with a score of 0
Amazing. Simply amazing. Easily an 8/8, 'nough said.
-- Anubis on 9/11/2007 10:09:19 PM with a score of 0
Hi guys! The final, edited version of the book, has been published, and is available for purchase! This web playable demo is not the most recent version of the book. Spelling and grammar errors have been corrected by my editor since then, however, the story remains unchanged, so this demo gives a good idea of how the book goes. Thanks for reading it :) - Paul Turner
-- tsmpaul on 7/7/2007 7:10:09 AM with a score of 0
Excellent story telling. Fast pace action, quick thinking fun. Great job!!!
-- ktankerous on 3/23/2007 12:14:46 AM with a score of 0
Awesome! 7/8! just make it a bit longer, with more fighting.
-- Rommel on 3/9/2007 11:40:37 PM with a score of 0
Nice I need to play again
-- chocobot on 2/4/2007 1:26:39 AM with a score of 0
Wow, you're good! An original idea with great story, characters, setting, and plot! This may be my favorite story on the site!
-- PrinceOProvidence on 2/1/2007 2:07:55 PM with a score of 0
Very, very good.
-- banjoman92 on 1/28/2007 4:48:21 PM with a score of 0
awesome game! very well writton I look forward to the next instalment.
-- firestorm78 on 1/14/2007 10:42:26 AM with a score of 0
Clearly one of the best games on the site! Good job!
-- Cake on 1/11/2007 7:14:35 PM with a score of 0
GREAT GAME!
-- JJJ-thebanisher on 1/4/2007 3:45:55 AM with a score of 0
Wonderful, wonderful game! This is yet another game that I must add to my list of favorite games! I have to say, great storyline, great writing, and amazing ideas! Great job! 8/8
-- GodsSlayer on 12/31/2006 5:52:45 PM with a score of 0
Very cool, I liked the detailed story and the chance to have a sort of overview of everything rather than just first person.
-- simmuskhan on 12/29/2006 10:52:07 PM with a score of 0
FANTASTIC!
-- Sir_Lancegalawain on 12/29/2006 5:39:21 PM with a score of 0
Best storygame on this whole site. Seriously, stuff the website, publish it as a book. CYOA or not, this is/would be the best story/storygame I've ever read. Awesome work. I'd buy it if it was a book.
-- October on 12/28/2006 9:07:05 PM with a score of 0
Excellent story! I look forward to the next episode!
-- Rodney on 12/28/2006 1:31:41 PM with a score of 0
partial victory!!! sweet. nice game. i recommend this game for featuring. seriously. great writing. i would only bring up, i dont like the "page numbers" on the top of each page. some people do though, so its your choice.
-- Fleshnblood_78 on 12/27/2006 1:24:19 AM with a score of 0