Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

What the hell am I doing wrong?

3 years ago

Okay, I don't understand. I really don't. I've looked over everything several times and according to the coding, there's absolutely nothing wrong. But for some reason, it just doesn't work!

This one is particularly frustrating because it isn't even complicated. It's extremely simple. It's just a basic variable restriction. It should work... And it does work! (Sometimes.) Basically, I've coded the game so that items you can buy only show up if you have enough money to buy them. If I set the game up so that, at the beginning, you have loads of money, it works just fine. If, however, I start the game with a small amount of money, then earn the money I need, then go to the store, the stuff isn't there. I have enough money to buy it, but it doesn't show up... Why? >.<

3 years ago
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Are you sure when you hit that page you have enough money?

3 years ago
Yep. Definitely. I really can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong with it. >.<

3 years ago
Are you using the same spelling for the variables, after the test page?

3 years ago
No spelling involved, it's a variable restriction.

3 years ago
Oh, never mind. I figured out what I'm doing wrong. Now I just need to figure out how to fix it.

3 years ago
What is the actual problem?

3 years ago
None now. I fixed it. Turned out the issue was related to a different variable. ^_^

3 years ago
I told you not to trust that %NOTHITLER variable.