Welcome to ChooseYourStory.com!
ChooseYourStory.com is a community-driven website centered on Choose-Your-Own-Adventure style storygames. Members create their own storygames, read and comment on other members’ storygames, participate in the forum, and improve their writing ability.
ChooseYourStory.com is your source for online interactive fiction – with members all around the globe.
News and Updates
ENDMASTER'S PROMPT CONTEST 2
Deadline: 11:59 PM (EST) March 1st, 2023
Reward: More than the losers
Starting off the new year with another contest again. It's another prompt based one so you slugs can choose which topic to write about and then inevitably flake out on like half of you did last time.
So if you’re joining, obviously pick one of the following prompts provided below and lock your post.
Joining the contest but failing to pick a prompt (Like fucking around like a retard posting in the thread saying you're "thinking about" joining the contest) will result in a random one still available being picked for you that you might not like so you probably shouldn’t do this bad thing. (And if you do, definitely don't whine like a faggot about it.)
Finally, when you’re done with your story, post a link to it in this thread.
That’s about it for now, unless I think of something else to add or change as needed.
1) A story that uses time travel or temporal mechanics as a game mechanic or major driving force. Darius_Conwright 2) A story surrounding a violent championship sporting event. Paradox_4 (KAE Interloper) 3) A story where the narrator is a bond-esque villain. bucketofknives 4) A story starts with the discovery of the entrance to a hidden secret room. Mizal 5) A story about exploring and/or crashing onto an uncharted planet. WizzyCat 6) A story involving a dangerous hunting competition. This can be any setting (fantasy, scifi, modern, etc) DBNB 7) A story about a wholesome romance. TrueParanormal 8) A story about a society on the verge of a Golden Age experiencing a cataclysmic disaster. DingDongBells (KAE Interloper) 9) A story where you wake up one morning and everyone insists that you've been living for years with a certain family member, friend, or pet. Only you know for a fact you have no memory of them ever existing. What is going on here? Sherbet 10) A story set in the ancient world. This means anytime before the fall of the Roman Empire. And yes, if you don't want to strictly be historical, you can fill it with Atlantean technology or whatever. Yummyfood 11) A story involving inheriting something valuable from a dead relative. Ford 12) A story involving fairies in some way. Mystic_Warrior 13) A story involving dinosaurs. imadgalaxy 14) A story where an abominable horror has come to a small town and that horror is YOU. Stormwind 15) A story with a ghostly protagonist haunting an area. This can be a house, a forest, a ship, whatever. Morgan_R 16) A story about an underwater adventure. mazdark 17) A story set in a lunatic asylum. Larry_Bombadil 18) A story involving a group of children having an adventure. Think The Goonies, Monster Squad, The Sandlot, Stranger Things, etc. as examples. TypewriterCat 19) A story involving the dark web or anything seedy involving the internet really. You can even take it into cyberpunk territory if you want. Axxius 20) Mystery Box. Pick this one and I’ll tell you what your prompt is. Petros 21) A story where the protagonist has a dangerous addiction or obsession that drives the plot. betaband 22) A story with heavy themes of technology versus magic. enterpride 23) A story that features a complex, detailed, and consistent magic or alchemy system. crystalpenguin 24) A story about returning to your childhood home and stumbling across a terrible secret. Heresy/SkorchedRat 25) A story about a band of mercenaries. Zweihanderr 26) A story written in the epistolary style. (Told through journal entries or letters.) MintyRosedeer 27) A story heavily driven by a love/hate relationship with the antagonist. MrAce321
meadowmellow (KAE Interloper and former 27) SHAME
28) A story that starts with receiving a letter or call from someone you thought was dead. Nightwatch 29) A story about naval warfare, or submarines. hetero_malk 30) A story involving a floating city. RedOceans 31) A story where you're caught up in a historical revolution. DrowningWhale
32) A story where your family is hit by a historical natural disaster.
33) A story where your consciousness is uploaded into...something...as a way to cheat death. (Can be done using magic or tech.) Abgeofriends 34) A story about rebuilding after a war. Chris113022 35) A story where you must save someone close to you from a disastrous relationship. goodnight_a 36) A story where one by one people in your little town are forsaking material wealth, moving to a communal farm on the outskirts, and becoming....odd. ugilick 37) A story where cephalopods are the dominant species. (Examples include squids and octopus for the unenlightened) evilsoap 38) A story where In 72 hours, the sun will explode. PerforatedPenguin 39) A story involving a fresh take on a fairy tale or fable...or come up with your own. elad771 40) A story where dragons have invaded. EbonVasilis
41) A story about acquiring a harem through slave trading.
42) A story involving Arthurian mythos, but make it as grimdark as possible.
43) A story involving playing as a bigoted superhero. Voldy 44) A story involving court intrigue while attempting to seduce one (or more!) of your relatives. OatmealShenanigans
45) A story revolving around carrying out a terrorist attack. (Yes, you can even do a mundane school shooter protagonist)
46) A story based around playing as Otto Skorzeny. (Up to you on how historical you want to stick to his life)
47) A story about being an alphabet person and being depressed. (You could add to the series!) fresh_out_the_oven 48) A story involving lesbian wrestlers and lots lesbian shenanigans. (Keep the maturity ratings in mind there folks, this still isn’t a place for pornorama degeneracy) Secret Contestant 49) A story based around carrying out genocide. Setting doesn’t matter. CLiF 50) A story done in the “CoG style.” This means including 3 billion romances and mental illnesses. Stuff like interesting characters or a good plot doesn’t matter. corgi213
Alright the results are in and I was actually surprised so many managed to get a story in. 11 out of 17 is pretty good. Would have had 12 if Wizzy hadn't fucked spectacularly.
But enough about the problems of the lesser born, here's the results. Sherbet was very fast and efficient as a judge.
And the winner is:
Yep, you fuckers let the crippled war criminal win. Good going guys.
But I'm sure this is the highest point of his life right now, so we'll let him have this moment.
I am pleased to say that none of you managed to do worse than the KAE interlopers. Though that was a simple enough task even for Ford's lazy ass given that one of them didn't even submit anything and the other was... Paradox.
Paradox did manage to put choices in his story this time even if he got them mixed up, so he's getting better. Watch out next contest folks, you might actualy have to put in TWO days worth of effort to beat him! (The struggle)
Here's the complete list.
1st: Celicni's 'Slavic Pagans' (6)
2nd: DBNB's '99 Problems but a Girl Ain't One' (6)
3rd: TypewriterCat's 'Prophetess' (5)
4th: Gryphon's 'The Sea of Legends' (5)
5th: Petros's 'Wrath of the Edomite' (5)
6th: fresh_out_the_oven's 'The Gods are Angered' (4)
7th: betaband's 'The City and the Tower' (3)
8th: Yummyfood's 'Escaping The Pit of Sin' (3)
9th: Axxius's 'Children of Cain' (2)
10th: Ford's 'Whaat' (2)
11th: Paradox_4's 'The Sins of our Fathers - part 1' (2)
Sherb was actually a pretty tough rater with nobody even getting higher than a 6. This just goes to show what happens when you have a merciless judge unswayed by particular story content and favorite themes. Or maybe you guys all just sucked that bad and he was forced to pick the least worst of the lot.
Anyway, might need to have Sherb do this all the time as I'm sure this only fueled his notorious lust for more power on here.
Also special shout out to DBNB who is proving to be one of the ones to watch for in these contests after just having entered two of them. All the first time noobs did alright too, probably most surprising was Typewriter cat, who joined fairly late and came in third.
Alright, that's it for this contest.