Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Naruto Shippuden

10 years ago
I have been working for a while now on a Naruto game. And I just want some ideas of where to go.

So far in my story, you play the role of a boy named Yumi. As the story goes you eventually awaken you doujutsu, the Rinnegan. Now I don't want to overpower my character and make a Mary-Sue but since he does possess the most powerful visual technique there is, it is slightly a problem

So to counter this, I made him have medical problems (don't want to give spoilers yet). And since he is young, the reader will also learn about the Naruto world and how everything is going.

My problem is now, is this enough to make a solid story game. I know Naruto is big on the fighting action (and I can write fight scenes) and jutsu's. So what I thought is maybe to give the reader an option to choose their fighting styles. 

So I am asking here is what do you think should be put into the game. Maybe emotion and a strong storyline. Help please

Naruto Shippuden

10 years ago

I think good characters are the most important thing. If the character's a young student then teachers, friends and rivals will keep the reader interested. Also it's important to keep in mind when making a Fanfiction game, that a lot of people on the site won't actually have watched the show or read the books, so be careful not to talk about things like "Doujutsu" and "Rinnegan" without explaining what they are first.

Naruto Shippuden

10 years ago

If ever you need assistance in adding details to your close combat scenes, I do know a bit about the crossover between European styles and Asian styles in terms of close quarters combat, and the same thing with archery too.

I have to say that if you write the story well enough, I think it really is a potentially solid storyline that could be truly engaging to the reader and perhaps introduce them all to Naruto.

Now I've tried Bleach before, but what does Naruto taste like? (Sorry, I had to!)

(EDIT: Typo correction on second paragraph)

Naruto Shippuden

10 years ago

Silly, Naruto combat is the opposite of combat in real life!

Naruto Shippuden

10 years ago

Naruto takes place in the shinobi (ninja) world. It has a really deep storyline and when I say deep I mean deep. The fighting style there is more on the borderline between realistic and just plain fantasy, its actually a mixture. For example the taijutsu is kind of realistic, meaning its not like Dragonball Z where someone kicks his opponent across a huge boulder and causes it to explode to million pieces. 

The unrealistic side is where you have ninjutsu (ninja techniques), its not as you would think like ninjas using stealth to attack enemies from behind but more of producing,... kinda like Harry Potter stuff without the wands.

You really have to watch it to grasp it, hope I was helpful though. And I will take you up on your offer on helping me writing close combat scenes.

Naruto from the Orient and stuff from the Occident

10 years ago

Of course there is plenty of room for artistic license in any story, but I just don't like seeing blatantly physics-defying nonsense. Besides, a touch of authentic combat technique could actually mix quite tastily with fantasial aspects.