Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Time Machine story?

9 years ago

I've noticed there's not many time machine stories on here so I'm creating one but I honest to god just don't have the patience for it. I started and I was into it too, but it didn't take long for me to get bored out of my wits. Seriously, writers how do you do this??

Time Machine story?

9 years ago

Explode the moment. One detail leads to the next, and suddenly you have a scene.

Everyone suffers from writers block though. Some people just don't have the motivation to continue with their stories, or lack the imagination to.

Writing does take a lot of patience as well. For most people, it takes months or even years to finish a story. I've been working on my latest story for more than four months now and it isn't even a fifth of the way done.

Time Machine story?

9 years ago
He said he was bored though, not stuck.

I've had writers block, and other times where I just didn't want to get through the next section (though I eventually push through it), but I can safely say I've never been bored doing it.

Time Machine story?

9 years ago
We enjoy writing. It's not for everyone, lol.

Time Machine story?

9 years ago

Kinda like Killa said; it takes stamina and a creative drive to keep the engine running.  More often than not, artists and writers alike crash a few times at some point or another.

That being said, I kinda lived in my own world for quite a long while, so I had a lot to write about back then, but even then that supply ran dry years ago.

I think it's better, though, if you handled a smaller story before taking on something like a time-machine story.  Re-iterating scenes with different outcomes and stuff takes a variable amount of effort, depending on what you want to change.

Time Machine story?

9 years ago

My time travel story is both hilarious (if you get to the end), and also took a very small amount of time.