Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Need Gem Ideas?

8 years ago

In one of my stories, you have the option of keeping pets. They are called Guardians, and they look like cats with crystals on the back of their feet and between the shoulders.

Unfortunately, I'm having trouble coming up with gems and colors to go with them. Maybe you could help me by posting a gem and color to go with it? At least two colors(three is best), they must be a color that a cat can have, since the Guardians are cat-like. The most common colors of guardians are shades of gray, white, and black. I don't want to have color combinations repeated, but you can still suggest a color like orange, brown, etc.

Colors I Have:

Amythest Guardian: Amythest is a purple gem. Colors to match it are dark gray, light gray, and silver.

Ruby Guardian: Ruby is a dark red gem. Colors to match it are black, dark gray, and dark gray(repeated).

Emerald Guardian: Emerald is a green gem. Colors to match it are white, silver, and gray.

Crystal Guardian: Crystal is a very light blue, clear gem. Colors to match it are white, silver, and a color even lighter than silver!

Sapphire Guardian: Sapphire is a blue gem. Colors to match it are blue-gray, dark gray, and second blue-gray(more blue than gray)

Need Gem Ideas?

8 years ago

Why not google 'magical properties of gems' to get some ideas?

Need Gem Ideas?

8 years ago

*facepalm* Smart, why didn't I think of that? Stupid internet. When you need it, you don't think about it, but when it's for a stupid reason, it's all you think about...

Need Gem Ideas?

8 years ago

So true.

Need Gem Ideas?

8 years ago

All I wanna do is see you turn into a giant woman, a giant woman...

Need Gem Ideas?

8 years ago

I saw this and originally thought it was going to be about Steven Universe.

I understand that my initial assumption was incorrect.

Need Gem Ideas?

8 years ago

I'd... actually prefer that it was. xD

Need Gem Ideas?

8 years ago

Same here.

Need Gem Ideas?

8 years ago

You're limiting your magical, gem-adorned animal guardians' appearance by the colors of actual cats...? Why?

Need Gem Ideas?

8 years ago
It's science, Kiel. Don't question it.

Need Gem Ideas?

8 years ago

:P I thought the whole point of science WAS to question things... (and seek tangible answers)

Need Gem Ideas?

8 years ago

If color is based in actuality, personality should be too. The same genes that determine a cat's color determines some of its traits (tortoiseshells are typically more aggresive, gingers are more affectionate, etc.).

Need Gem Ideas?

8 years ago

Wow, a lot of posts while I was gone! I suppose they don't have to be actual cat colors, but they are cat-like, so it would make sense if they were. Maybe I could add the rare rainbow guardian...

laugh

Need Gem Ideas?

8 years ago

Maybe an obsidian gaurdian?

Need Gem Ideas?

8 years ago

Will make it tomorrow morning, thanks for the idea!

Need Gem Ideas?

8 years ago
You are very welcome!