Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

"An Empty Throne"

11 years ago

Alright, this is the first status update on my story "An Empty Throne". I received a lot of good advice from various people when i was still trying to get the basic outline of the story down. Due to the fact that im not very keen on death threads i decided that i would go a different route and make it where every nearly choice you make leads to a different arch in the story. To enhance this effect  instead of planning out the story step by step, i planned out the world events that take place in the story. This way while playing you will see a everything that happens a different way each play through you choose a different set of choices. For those of you out there thinking " Damn thats gonna be a lot of work!" your right. The fact being that with every choice leading to something new means that i have to write a whole new section, and that means it will take a little longer to finish than most stories that kill you if you do not choose correctly.

As of right now im done with the very first section of the story. I used this part of the story as a way to set up what would happen in the next section. The choices you make in this first section seem to be insignificant but your actions will determine the entirety of the next section. So even though the first section leaves more to be wanted, don't fret because in the next section ,no matter what you chose, everything around you will change.

The first section branches out to six different endings. I planned on making it eight but if i would have the eighth ending would have been half assed and not done well so i just scrapped it and went with the six i had already written and thought out. Every section will end with a set number of years passing. No matter what arch your in you'll know you've reached the end of the section when your choice is so X years pass.

I plan on having the next section finished in about a week or so, but seeing as how i will have to turn six into twelve endings i don't know how long it will take. I will however finish it as quickly as i can without messing up the quality of the story.

If anyone has and questions about the story or anything of that matter i would be glad to hear it.