Proto Singularity

A sci-fi storygame by thisguy

Player Rating?/8

"Too few ratings to be ranked"
No ratings yet

Story Difficulty6/8

"Wandering through the desert"

Play Length?/8

"Unknown / Not Set"
No ratings yet

Maturity Level4/8

"Need to be accompanied by an adult"
Contains content that may not be suitable for persons under age 13. If this were a movie, it would probably be PG.
Proto Singularity Cover

🚧 Work In Progress: forgive the typos, glitches, and incomplete texts 🚧

You've dedicated your life to transferring human consciousness into a machine. Natural Machine Intelligence, as you've called it, would transform our relationship with computers and even allow us to live forever. More importantly, it will prevent Artificial Intelligence from surpassing human intelligence, evolving into the technological singularity, and becoming an uncontrollable threat to humanity.

But your employer's patience is wearing thin. Unless you can demonstrate some kind of breakthrough with Natural Machine Intelligence, your years-long project will be cancelled. Everything you've worked for and sacrificed will be for nothing, and the technological singularity will arrive.

Authors Note: Proto Singularity is philosophical journey into consciousness, and is told using a story-heavy, puzzle-solving storygame. You'll need to carefully balance time and resources to reach the more complex endings. It's intended to be played multiple times, and it may take a playthrough or two to get a feel for the mechanics. If you prefer to stick to the story, there's a somewhat hidden walkthrough early on that will explain how to play.

Player Comments

Show All Comments