Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

Color Text

4 years ago

Quick Question,

How do I format text with a color? Is there a tutorial for this?

Thanks!

Color Text

4 years ago

If you are using the RTE (Rich Text Editor), then you can highlight the words and select a color from a drop down box. It works a lot like any "word" program. There is a box above the text editor that lets you choose things like font and font size. In that block, the button that looks like an "A" allows you to choose font color.

If you are not using the RTE, then I believe you have to add code manually. This would look something like putting "<color>" before and after the words you want to change color. Note that it would not change the color until you posted or play tested in this case. Each color has a coding version you need to know. For example, I think "black" is "blk".

I am one of the strange people that uses the RTE, so someone else can probably help you more if you don't.

Color Text

4 years ago

Ok! So black would be "<color=blk> TXT </color>", right? Can you also use "<color>" in scripting?

Color Text

4 years ago

To be honest, I don't do much scripting. Mizal, Brad, Killa Robot, or Ogre would all be better resources to ask. Your first example above is the correct format (I believe). Just doing <color> will probably kick out an error, but I used it as a lazy example. I will attach a link to the advanced scripting  guide below so you can read more about it if you want. The example in here is for font size, but I imagine font color is font the same way. I haven't done it, so I don't know exactly what the formatting is. It could be done like this:
<font color = "blk"> TEXT </font>

@Ogre11 can you help? I just happened to see you online.

http://chooseyourstory.com/help/articles/article.aspx?ArticleId=65

Color Text

4 years ago
The best way, IMO, is to use css colors. That page will tell you all about it (scroll down a little for text color).

Color Text

4 years ago

Thank you all for your help.

Just one more question: What does "IMO" mean?

Color Text

4 years ago

"In My Opinion"