Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

Removing Inventory Border

4 years ago

I hate it, I want to get rid of it but I'm a goddam idiot in the network of scripting so please keep that in mind if you choose to answer. I've got a background image set up globally but the lines and white blocks of the Inventory border are ruining it. Why is it even like that? Anyways, I'd prefer something easy to copy and paste but before you stop reading I've got a couple more questions to throw at ya.

Is the inventory a variable like $PAGETEXT? If so how do you even find that? I tried looking on the page source but Inventory was only referenced as a note and tables etc. Thanks in advance guys [ps. don't use tr:nth-child(insertNumberHere) just don't.]

4 years ago

Just make the whole table white then.

.dark1border + div > ul + table {
    background-color: #fff;
    padding: 0 7px 7px;
}

4 years ago
Better idea: don't use inventory

4 years ago

Can you elaborate?

4 years ago
no

4 years ago
What is the purpose of the items in your game? Because there aren't a ton of uses for items that can't be easily emulated by just setting a variable to remember the player has it, or handling it as a normal part of the plot. Unless the game is actually built around the use of items, like Inepta Academy or Nagito's recent Sleuth one, a lot of the time it's better to go without. Particularly when it's easy for them to be used badly and become annoying.

4 years ago

Yeah, that ain't working chief, I pasted this, [EDITED: would this be correct?

$PAGETEXT := '<style>.dark1border + div > ul + table {
    background-color: #fff;
    padding: 0 7px 7px;
}</style>' + $PAGETEXT

4 years ago
You'll need the style tags and quotation marks to get it to verify, anyway, regardless of what it actually does.