Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Condemned: Motivation & Hype Thread

9 years ago

As some people already know, I intend to make a storygame based on the forum game Condemned.

A few of the game's main skeletal bones (top secret!) are already planned out and formed, but it's otherwise in a very proto state. I've only got about ~4 pages up, but these are gimmick pages designed to trick the players, so they took quite a while to design.

For now, the game will focus on telling the story of how your character got where he is now. It'll ask what you're being accused of, how you committed the crime, why you did it, and such like. Depending on whether your character turns out to be innocent, you'll just be making up the story to please the interrogators, which allows you to make particularly wacky stories and just adds to the fun.

I'm a little bit strapped for ideas, though. Suggestions?

9 years ago

Will the extension after being released be included, or will it primarily focus on another set of prisoners and the MC's POVs entirely?

9 years ago

The game has a few surprises rolling your way, so I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of an "extension." ;-)

If you mean to ask about updates to the game in general, I've already had to wipe & rewrite it once thus far, and it may change again in the future, hence the phrase "for now."

The game's story will be told entirely from the initial player character's point of view. The game isn't at a stage yet where there are any other characters in play (besides the interrogator, a snarky fellow who likes to banter with his prisoners).

9 years ago

Will my concept of Bacon in the future be involved?

9 years ago

The setting is medieval fantasy. Bacon may yet find its way in there.

9 years ago

I meant this version of Bacon : like so.

9 years ago

It seems like the perfect setting for some more "condemnation." I just might use it.

9 years ago

Kay's. I also imagined that something else might've happened, but condemning an entire town into emptiness can work (though I always imagined Benji, Gweni, and everyone else had contributed to the town's emptiness by running it on an infinite timeline across a parallel universe that lacked their presence, but hey, that'd be. A little too far.)

9 years ago
Every time I see in this thread I wonder if I clicked on Forum Games by accident. XD

Good luck with this!