Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Two of my Ideas of a Story

8 years ago

In this post-apocalyptic world, civilization is no more it is dead to all as it is to you.

You are Sam, an average business man who was living life as usual until he woke up one morning, following his daily routine as always.

Wake up, get coffee, watch the news, go to work.

But this is not like one of those mornings, the news women is saying that China, Russia, England, America, and Canada is under a terrorist attack and that a strange chemical that when you come into contact with, attacks your nervous system rendering it useless killing you within seconds.

She also says that it seems to form as a gas and that it spreads by wind. The only way to detect it is by three ways.

Change of wind direction, the sudden flock of birds, and a sharp high pitch.

Can you survive this terrorist attack?

can you survive this apocalyptic terror?

Find out in...

These final days.

The adventures of Omocha o kan or "chew toy" in English is a small story of an old Japanese chew toy who is never bought and is left on the shelves of an old pet store.

That is until one day, a young Labrador named, Raburadoru, comes by the store and sees how sad you really are.

How will you, Omocha o kan act upon the arrival of this new friend?

Will you be live out the rest of time with Raburaadoru?

Please tell me if you really are interested in this story thank you.

8 years ago

This would be really creepy. It kinda sounds like 'the Happening'.

I don't know if I would read this though. I don't like chance games, if that's what you're doing with this.I wouldn't want to make a choice and hope I don't die. 

And are the only threats the chemical, or people as well?

Also, maybe if he had some sort of mission. Maybe to find somebody or to retrieve something to help cure it or even get to some kind of safe haven somewhere. I don't know. Make it more interesting somehow.

The 2nd one: Just no.

8 years ago

The threat will be mostly chemical. I want you to be afraid of the imminent threat of a terrost organization which I believe is a very real threat but it also is contradictory to my oppinion of staying out of all forign affairs. And it is a toxic nerve agent so there is no cure and I am guessing you have to wait for it to go away. Chew toy one?

8 years ago

Chew toy one I don't like.

8 years ago

How do you not like that one! It is supposed to be a tale of friendship, and two diffrent minds created to form a bond of not only friendship but love!

8 years ago

laugh

8 years ago

You are actualy looking for a safe haven in These final days!

8 years ago

Oh ok. Is that it? Sounds a bit boring to me.

8 years ago

You are trying to not onlly find a safe haven, but are also trying to save your wife and kids along the way but you later find out the office building your wife was working at was where the toxic nerve agent had been released at by the terrorist group.

By the way why do you not like the chew toy one! As well as this one, I am not angry I just would like a good, justifiable reason.

8 years ago

Final Days is kind of bland.

Also, why would I want to be an inanimate object and interact with a dog?  Maybe I just don't get it.

8 years ago

Take finding Nemo for example. 

Marlen and Dory are two different characters with different ideas and opinions. 

Dory a simpleton

Marlen a know it all

When Dory has that "feeling" of going through the reef instead of over it she is quickly put down by Marlin.

What I am trying to say is, this story will grow you a heart and give you a true thought in respecting the mind, body, and soul of even the lowest luxury of life.

8 years ago

I like my heart the way it is, thank you., Cold, dead inside and the size of a pea.

8 years ago

What a shame. (heh) I like my heart the way it is humouris, serious at times, and happy during a disaster. With a hint of Republican.wink

8 years ago

I honestly thought the chew toy one was a joke...but then you posted it again. frown

8 years ago

Well if other people have the same opinion as you I will remove The adventure of "Chew Toy" as well as my adaption of "Final Days" (and I am so happy you got the reference but in mine it is a terrorist org. rather than nature.) and forget about the whole thing.

8 years ago

The Final Days sounds a lot like "Fear the Walking Dead". These kinds of stories are really hard to accomplish, mostly because you are dealing with so many variables and plot points. 

The chew toy story sounded really cute, in my opinion. Maybe you could have the chew toy talk to the dog, and influence the dog's choices. For example, if the dog wants to grab a bone from across the road, you can influence if the dog should go get it or not. If you choose not to, the dog won't get hit by a car. Where if you did choose it, then the dog would've been met with a gruesome fate.

Honestly the chew toy one sounds really creative if executed properly. And please, do NOT make it a series like you did for the Wolves one. Don't release any demos either. Write the story for how it is and when you think it's done, release it confidently! 

8 years ago

By all means I do not want this to be anything like the wolves. In fact it is going to have a lot of meaning and aas I said above some things like finding nemo. I think that the chew toy will be very good indeed. I was never expecting any deaths in it, but you do make it seem interesting. 

If people want death in it then sure I will.

8 years ago

It's your story, RimC. You can make it whatever you want it to be! That's the best part about being a writer. You can tell whatever story you want. 

It's like the movie, Spiderman, when his Uncle gives Peter his dying words, "With great power, comes great responsibility."

smiley

8 years ago

Omocha o Kan & Raburadoru

As Omocha o Kan, an old chew toy, you lay upon the shelves of Mr. Iwo Motos' pet store.

That is until one day, a young Labrador named Raburadoru walked into the pet store on a late Sunday evening.

No one could expect the great adventure that was soon to come between the both of you.

Join us and follow the wonderful world of the Rising Sun and may Omocha o Kan and Raburadoru find a place within your heart.

Inspired by Finding Nemo.

Created by:RimC

Author: RimC

8 years ago

Why are you making the story take place in another country (Japan, I'm guessing)? I'm just curious.

8 years ago

Good question. I am making this in another countries because I think it is more appropriate there and with the things I am going to do there with the characters in the story. Yes it is in Japan, and what do you think of it? 

If you want more info go to the post "Omocha o Kan updates" at Writing Workshop.

8 years ago

Thanks. Those stories seem fun. Something a little new, taking place in other countries. I'll make sure to read them!