Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 12/11/2016: http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/feature-wishing-well/message/1221

Text box

7 years ago

Seriously... we need a thing where whatever you type into it, it will appear in places later. The player can type something into this box and do something to confirm it. Like a name or something. And each one can have a certain number of characters that can be typed into it. And the person writing the story can make it so there are multiple throughout the story, and they can change the names of different things or something. And maybe there can be like a number code so that you can name multiple things. And maybe it can be like some sort of type-your-adventure kind of thing. Like some game my uncle showed me where if you type left or right into this place where you can type, then you would go into some room or hallway. I love thinking outloud, but I'm terrible at explaining things ^^;

Text box

7 years ago

I could go more into depth if you need.

Text box

7 years ago

This has actually been one of the already accepted "must haves" for years, lol.

You can technically replicate it in the current engine by using a variable for each character (you know, like this), but it can get convoluted quickly and especially something like analyzing commands wouldn't be worth the effort.

Text box

7 years ago

I think there's another CYS site thing that does this.

I remember playing an "adventure through the woods" game where the commands were "left, right, forward, and backwards" also, "interact."