Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Grounded! Feedback appreciated

6 years ago

Hi guys, I wanted to get familiar with the CYOA editor on this site and wrote a short story, Grounded!, where you have to survive the day while at the same time watching over your sibling. I was wondering if I could get some feedback for some aspects and maybe some general tips. I hope the story is not too short for this site, according to the statistics 31 pages is below average, but I am still curious to your opinion. 

Link:
http://chooseyourstory.com/story/grounded~21

° I hope I gave it the corrrect tag and info. I was not 100% sure if Modern Adventure was the correct category (on which it is now), or that I should have placed it in Everything Else. I hope people find it a humourus little story, but I find that hard to guess. Furthermore, I gave the game a 3/8 for maturity level, but I do swear in it (fuck and shit are the two particular instances). Is 3/8 fine or too low?
° Going back on the swearing, how do you feel about that those two swears were used in the story? I am still not sure if I can leave it like this, or if it is better to try to avoid it at all (in the context of the rest of the game)
° I do wonder about the length of my paragraphs. Sometimes they can be really short. Is it dissapointedly short, or is it reasonable?
° Of course I need to ask the mandatory, how is my English usage? Grammar and spelling wise. I did read it over, but if I missed anything, please let me know.
° Additionally, I do worry about not using enough synonyms, especially concerning the word 'sister'. 

These were my specific questions about my story. I have another about the editor. You can added chapters, and that is nice for overview purposes. But can you add existing pages to a new chapter? Additionally, can you move around the pages? So, move the place on position #5 to #3 for instance.

I hope you enjoyed the CYOA and felt there was at least a bit of a choice. Please let me know what you thought of it.

Grounded! Feedback appreciated

6 years ago
Oh, I just reviewed it without noticing the thread.

Just an fyi, you can put an unpublished story in sneak peek and then post the link on the forum, if you think you'll want to do some revisions or ever want feedback before actually making it public.