Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Finally started

6 years ago

Yep, finally started my first storygame. Taken it out of sneak peek mode (Ha! No nosing around for you lot!) so it isn't a source of shame.

Hoping to get at least 5 pages done this week whilst at work (Yay nightshift!).

Basically, it's going to be a brief introduction to a team of characters I'm hoping to make a series out of. Rough ideas noted down, and a couple of the not-main characters are based off of guys I've known for a long time.

Gonna put progress updates in here, maybe.

Finally started

6 years ago
Anything you can tell us about the plot?

Finally started

6 years ago

UKSF team ( 22 SAS reg). Starting small so first one is going to be a "training" session with your new teammate - the titular FNG (Fucking New Guy). Already got an option tree sketched out for the second, but wanted to get to grips with the editor before committing to anything too branch-ridden.

Looking into variables as a sort of timer, almost. Hesitation/wrong turns etc taking more time, lower score/time is better.

Trying to avoid parallels with COD and other modern FPS storylines, ofcourse, wich isn't an issue for the second, but the whole premise for the first has been used in a lot of tutorials that it's almost a cliche, despite being a genuine training method, which I've even got some first hand experience with, myself.

E: Jesus christ, I'm not sure if I'm coming across as a COD fanboy or a fucking Walt....

Finally started

6 years ago
Willing to go out on a limb and say you'll produce something before Ford.

Finally started

6 years ago

I think that's a compliment, but you are setting the bar pretty damn low there, hah.