Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was accepted 3/22/2011: Accepted and Implemented
This feature was completed 3/22/2011: 3J can feature stories

Change in Featuring Method

15 years ago

Right now Featured Stories can only be created by alex/march/choco.

None of them are ever around on the site anymore.

Which means this suggestion won't ever be acted upon, but oh well.

What if a vote of the active mods could Feature a story?

15 years ago

march and alex do pop in randomly. at the current rate of new stories, they seem to pop in enough to keep up too. atleast in my opinion. i mean, outside of End or you Seth, not many are gonna run their newest story up the featured ladder very quickly.

but, if march agrees that he cant come around enough or just doesnt want to anymore. this is the better solution. but id say all mods would have to vote. active mods is too shady.

nate

15 years ago
I'd go for this idea if march wants to throw in the towel (hopefully not!)

but yeah, all the mods must agree on a feature. so nate, jjj, seth, me, madglee, and tsm. However to combat the inactivity thing, if a user hasn't logged on in 3 months, then they automagically abstain.

15 years ago

That's a good idea solo.  I said "active mods" specifically because havacoman is still  a mod even though he hasn't been around in forever.  I'm pretty sure he counts toward the total number of mods when considering a member for their own trophy.

15 years ago

oh wow, totally forgot about Havaco. i didnt think he was still a mod. crazy. the problem then would become, what is considered inactive? there have been months without many of the mods showing up. madglee/havaco/tsmpaul/and seth have all been gone for extended times. me and 3j have done mini vacations.

im for the idea in a way. just pointing out possible issues that might arise.

nate

15 years ago
Havvy is not still a mod. Fleshy is right. Solo has been gone for extended vacations too..

I say: http://www.chooseyourstory.com/forums/message.aspx?MessageId=5458
and abolish featured stories.

15 years ago

i was thinking he wasnt. but i hadnt thought about it in a very long time. was beginning to wonder.

nate

15 years ago
I think he's not, says at the bottom that he isn't:

http://www.chooseyourstory.com/help/aboutus.aspx

15 years ago
I didn't think he was.

Well, back to stories; No good ones? My story's been a 6 (Cantina Band: Assassin's New Tune) for several months now with 8 ratings. So Play it if you didn't already or please make it featured.

15 years ago
I honestly don't think it's feature worthy. It's not bad either.