Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

It is this a Ending or a variable of one?

4 years ago

It seems easy to know what is an ending and what is not.  But my problem is this, I have two origins that given the player different personalities and goals even when confronting the same scenes and dialogue.   So I am in rhis point if I don't know If a ending that have absolutely no words in common and one origin means suicide and in other be happy be the same ending even if come from same choice apparently.
So that is my question.  If a choice leads in base of origin to a totally different scene are both same ending but variants of it or is each one their own ending?

4 years ago

I don't know. In my game I'm treating anything with a 'the End' as an ending, but only ones that carry through a complete plot arc 'main' endings. 

So, I guess I would see them as their own endings even if the choice just prior was similar.

4 years ago

Yeah, that was my thoughts on the matter too but in my case, both come from the same choice. It is the different personality and background that makes the ending completely different even  if comes from the same choice

4 years ago
I don't think there's any hard rule there. I treat any page that ends the game as an ending.

4 years ago

So a game over is considered the same kind of ending that a prologue one?  I never thought about that, Then i have more endings that the ones i thought.