Non-threaded

Forums » Reading Corner » Read Thread

Dust off a seat and discuss a good book here...you do read, right?

The Incompleat American Housewife

3 years ago
Commended by mizal on 7/23/2020 4:31:50 AM
I have a book full of various eighteenth century recipes, anecdotes, and the like that my aunt sent me. While closer inspection has led me to believe the book itself was actually put together by a woman in more recent years, the historical content is still very interesting. It's called The Compleat American Housewife 1776. It frequently references dates and happenings post-1776, but MURICA. @micropen So shut up and eat your corn. Gurl Power I follow her advice every morning. The illustrations are nice. I know it's tempting to just throw your udder-washing towel in with everything else, but don't. No wonder I'm an old maid. I'm not even bringing in ONE slave. Don't have any of these either. :( An overview of regional stereotypes follows. This woman needs her own fire brigade. Let's get this bread. I can't imagine why it would be named such. Must be a nonsense word. This Johnny cake isn't A U T H E N T I C. Everyone go home. Elvis soup. I don't know why this is upside-down. Terribly sorry. Oooh, snap. Spoiled meat? No problem. You can always cook it with a little BEST bacon. TL;DR corn gud I want a flummery. The best syllabub is made from cream beaten by thicc-hipped elves. Poem recipes are the best recipes. I am sure it is delicious. I carry a copy of this with me at all times for the day Corgi gets out of hand. Better adapted to the uses of medicine than cookery. Some of you guys really need these. You know who you are. Personally, I am very offended at those who "carve" swans. Dumb, ungrateful Eurofag. If it wasn't for us, he'd be speaking German. Finishing off with a bit from the Washingtons. I like their cook's style. Anyway, there we go. Somewhere I have some other recipes and cures among other cookbooks, but those are for another day.

3 years ago
These are great, despite the fact my neck can't bend in all the directions needed to read them.

I must relocate you to the Reading Corner however because that's where you BOOK PEOPLE belong.

3 years ago
Ah, thank you. I eagerly await all the other book people that post here.

3 years ago
But Cricket, think of the joy you've brought to this poor lonely board. It hasn't had a visitor in an entire month.