Mystic_Warrior, The Wordsmith
I've gone a long time avoiding the task of filling this in with an actual introduction, but here it is. I'm trying to think of some witty line or some eloquent words of wisdom, but nothing comes to mind and I might as well get on with this. My CYS name is Mystic Warrior, so feel free to call me Myst or any other variation of my name you prefer. There's nothing much you really need to know about me apart from that.
I'm currently a student in high school, and working on a storygame that may or may not be published in the near future depending on what direction my life takes. So far, I've written two storygames: Dreamtruder and Breaker. I would appreciate it if you could take the time to look through it.
Feel free to message me if you want to talk. I might not always reply immediately, but I'll eventually get back to you.
Beneath the seas, hidden from the Ones Above, our society goes about our normal, routinely lives. I cannot help but feel bored with all that is going on, until I find the letter. A letter that sends me on a journey to deliver a magical item to the group of people that have been villainized over the years, the letter that challenges everything I thought I knew. But which side is on the side of good? How can I break out of the only world I have ever known? Should I join the heroic villains or the villanous hero? I have finally gotten the adventure I always needed, but not exactly the one I wanted.
Note: This game was created for Camelon's break contest. During the part where a specialist is assigned to the breakers, there are three different paths (Lawbreaker, Breaker of People and Breaker and Enterer). Due to time constraints, for those who would like to know, Breaker of People is the longest path, followed by Lawbreaker and Breaker and Enterer, but aside from the epilogues, it all leads to the same chapter 5. As before, feel free to comment or message me if you encounter any issues or problems that I should fix.
"The delicate balance between the dream world and the real world is disrupted. You intruded and messed up the dream of an innocent. By talking about this with an Unknowing, the possibility of the dreamstage being unveiled is now greater than ever. The Jury has made a decision - we have no choice but to send you to The Jungle..."
Life was hard, balancing work and relaxation. Then the nightmares came, and all I ever wanted was to be free of them. Yet, I never accounted for this - finding out the truth about the dream world, exploring the vast plane of the imagination...only to be whisked away to the longest nightmare ever.
Think a jungle's bad? Try a fictional jungle, where literally anything can happen, and the most creative minds have conspired to give you a hard time.
Note: This game was created for Mizal's 'Welcome to the Jungle' contest. There are several epilogues, and while the main one is the normal Dreamtruder path, others include Dream director, Dreamcaster, Dreamediator, and Dreamhero. Fancy a challenge? Try completing the Jungle challenge without picking up any dreampowers - it's possible, but requires a bit of thinking and planning ahead. Also, for some items, click the 'use' button as a link would not be provided (if this is the case, it would be specified in the object description)
Since this would be my first published storygame, I am still relatively new to this. Feel free to message me or spam the comments if you encounter any issues, have any suggestions for improvement, or just have something you want to say.
Recent PostsLogic Puzzles on 11/22/2020 9:35:30 PM
Here's are two puzzles from my story, Dreamtruder. Those of you who read it probably already know the answer:
'On April 29, Mum Eagle was arranging flowers. Dad Eagle was watching the television. Child Eagle was playing with his toy clock. Suddenly, Child Eagle got pulled into the clock, and became a time traveler. He was sucked into the time where his parents were supposed to meet, but accidentally knocked Dad Eagle over when he arrived. However, if he were to completely replace his dad, and the only change in the timeline was that he became the new Dad Eagle, on April 29th in the new timeline, what would Child Eagle be doing now?'
Note: This can be considered a trick question
There are 7 bears: Panda bear, Polar bear, Grizzly bear, Sunbear, Bespectacled bear, Brown bear and Black bear.
There are also 7 levels of peacefulness and fight skill (1-7, 1 being the lowest, and 7 being the highest). You, the traveler of the Jungle, would want to do one of the following - fight the weakest bear (with a fight skill of 1) or strike a deal with the most benevolent bear (with a peacefulness of 7).
Each bear also has a special skill, which is one of the following: talking to humans, digging a hole, glaring at you, singing, eating mud, paw swipe and falling asleep in the middle of a fight.
The ages of the bears are 10, 11, 21, 35, 49, 53 and 74.
If all the following statements are true, you should be able to identify not every single trait for every single bear, but it should be enough to identify the weakest bear and the most peaceful one.
1) The animal with the ability to talk to humans is the most peaceful
2) The sum of the ages of the Panda and the Polar is equivalent to the age of the Sun Bear
3) The bear with a peacefulness of 5 is 35 years old, and its special skill is to eat mud
4) Subtracting the age of the Bespectacled bear from the Panda results in the age of the Brown bear
5) The bear that sings is 1 year older than the bear the falls asleep in fights
6) The Polar is the 2nd oldest bear
7) The fight skill of the oldest bear is 4, the peacefulness level is 6, and it has the special skill of glaring
8) The age of the Grizzly is 49, and it has a fight skill of 2
9) The special skill of the bear aged 21 is the paw swipe
10) The Polar's special skill is to dig a hole
11) If you order the bears by age (youngest to oldest), their fight skills are as follows: 3, 1, 7, 6, 2, 5, 4
12) Bespectacled bear's special skill is to fall asleep in a fight
Logic Puzzles on 11/22/2020 9:30:34 PM
Yes, those are all correct!
Logic Puzzles on 11/22/2020 6:07:07 AM
A few more riddles here. Some may be quite common so there's the chance you may have seen them before.
1) A man went to town on Friday, stayed for three days, and returned on Friday. How is this possible?
2) Two friends entered a room and were standing facing each other. One of them says, "When it turns 12:00 on the clock behind you, you will be stabbed in the back". No one else entered the room behind the friend, and yet the friend got killed. How?
3) You see a hundred people on a boat, but there is not a single person. How is this possible?
4) A man was driving home one night when he received a call from the police. "Your wife has been killed, get to the crime scene immediately," they said. When he arrived, he was arrested. Why?
5) It is the first day of school and a student is found dead during lunch. There were five suspects. The English teacher said he was leading a new student to his class, the Chemistry teacher said she was planning their next lesson with the Biology teacher, the Math teacher said she was marking final exams, the Principal said she was in her office and the History teacher said he was getting lunch. Who killed the student?
For the Glory of CYStia on 11/21/2020 6:20:31 AM
I'm a bit busy with assignments and end of year exams now, but I would try to finish a 100k story during my school holiday and read/ rate more stories when I can.
Logic Puzzles on 11/21/2020 6:16:55 AM
I guess you'll shoot B? Then if B dies, at least there'll be less of a likelihood you'll get killed compared to if you manage to kill A, although A shoots first. If B doesn't die, then A would shoot B, and if B still doesn't die, B would kill A and you'll get to shoot next.
Or another strategy might be to shoot away from the both of them, then A would try to shoot B and if A manages to, it'll be the same situation of you against A. However, you will get to shoot first this time. Yet, if A doesn't manage to kill B, B would kill A... then it'll be the same scenario? Although the odds are slightly better since if you face off against A this time, you would get to shoot first.
I'm quite confused, so I didn't add the math in.
Logic Puzzles on 11/21/2020 6:07:06 AM
Correct! I'm trying to solve your riddle now.
Logic Puzzles on 11/21/2020 6:04:40 AM
Logic Puzzles on 11/21/2020 6:00:33 AM
I read this one online some time ago, so the exact wording may be inaccurate.
You are a police officer and have three main suspects: Mary Smith, Matt Smith and Mark Smith. There is only one clue you have, which reveals the name of the killer. However, it is rather confusing as it doesn't give away the first name of the killer... or so you think. Upon further inspection, however, it becomes obvious. The clue tells you to question Smith, but which Smith is it?
The clue: ? Smith
Who is the killer?
Logic Puzzles on 11/21/2020 5:54:02 AM
I have heard this riddle before. You're on the right track thinking he didn't actually 'marry' the people, but there's another way he can marry people without marrying them...
Hope I didn't give the answer away.
anyone wanna collab? on 9/25/2020 2:02:19 AM