WatchNon-threaded

Forums » Reading Corner » Read Message

Discuss your favorite books.

Things Fall Apart

one month ago
We were supposed to read in school a few years ago but I didn't and basically just bullshitted my way through because I was playing Red Dead Redemption all the time instead.

I have decided to dutifully complete my education. Has anyone else read this? Am I supposed to hate the main character, because I do. I really really do. It's very well written though, I can see why it's a classic.

Things Fall Apart

one month ago
Lol.

It thinks people read.

Things Fall Apart

one month ago
I just started reading The Dark Tower for the first time. Apparently, it's supposed to be a light fanfic of Red Dead Redemption.

Things Fall Apart

one month ago
I've heard of Things Fall Apart and am vaguely aware of what it's about. I'm getting some things sorted in my life right now that will allow me to do a lot more reading soon, and have a place to download it if someone can endorse it further than 'teenager hates protagonist'.

Things Fall Apart

one month ago

I read it last year and absolutely hated reading the book. Not that I have anything against the topic it's about, I just hated the filler chapters full of the main character beating his wives and children. Too much filler and not enough actual plot, you know?

Things Fall Apart

one month ago
Gotta establish the beauty and dignity of the way of life that whitey destroys.

Things Fall Apart

29 days ago
Gower said it's a great book so I've got it here and I'm gonna start it.

I've been wanting an evening just to chill and read for like a month now. Yes I should be thinking of work and in bed by now, but I have enough caffeine to defy your mortal sleep.