Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Fallout Thrones?

8 years ago

I'll bet you saw the title and thought it was an idea of a Forum Game, no...its more of something of a brainstorming session...

Based from THIS awesome picture: http://img00.deviantart.net/50b3/i/2015/169/6/d/nuclear_winter_is_coming_by_kingvego-d8xtxqc.png

And I was thinking...What if someone decided to make a TV series of what happened in Vegas sometime before, during, and after the First Battle for Hoover Dam? Maybe have the series end right as the courier is about to come into the picture? *By Come into the picture I mean before the two bullets were delivered and said courier survived*

Fallout Thrones?

8 years ago

There IS a fan Fallout series on Youtube called "Nuka Break" (highly recommend it btw) but it isn't like what you're talking about. Still, it's closest I can think of.

I'd like to see something on Caesar's origins, but actually that's been covered on Youtube as well.

It was one bullet as well :P

Fallout Thrones?

8 years ago

Yeah, and it would be nice to help some people catch up.

Fallout Thrones?

8 years ago

*not to necro, but this is cool*

Or perhaps, what if it was in the far future (24th century, maybe) after the War and there were established factions, pretty much countries, all worldwide, fighting? Strategy game? IDK.

Fallout Thrones?

8 years ago

Nah, then it wouldn't be Fallout.

Fallout Thrones?

8 years ago

True, true. *sigh*

Fallout Thrones?

8 years ago

Nice try though :)

Fallout Thrones?

8 years ago

*Stores in jar of potential RP ideas*

Fallout Thrones?

8 years ago

My friend and I came up with a theory once: The world GoT takes place in is Purgatory, that's why all the good guys, kids, and completely, totally evil guys get killed, it's because they've been judged and can now go elsewhere in the afterworld. Everyone else is squabbling nonstop to hold meaningless power there and are judged on how they hold/use it etc. because nobody in power seems to survive very long.

Peter Jackson's Middle Earth is a comparatively bright and happy place with happy endings, and thusly would be heaven. Everyone who's good gets to spend eternity effectively LARPing with God (Gandalf). This is evident in the many comparisons that can be drawn between Eddard and Thorin Oakenshield. (Severe, vikingy bearded guys with long hair wearing dark plain furs on personal vendettas against people who murdered their family members...)

If you're evil, you wake up in a certain undead asylum and spend eternity dying over and over again trying to fend off your own personal darkness... (Because the Dark Souls universe seems to be the only place that sucks more than Game Of Thrones land.)

There you go, the ultimate crossover fan theory. 4chan can suck it.

Fallout Thrones?

8 years ago

OK your theory is FUCKING AWESOME!

The Dark Souls part ESPECIALLY makes the most sense, its grimdark AND brutally hard to get around in.

Fallout Thrones?

8 years ago

Unless Tyrion pulls a heel-face-turn at some point,  I'm going to spend the rest of my time with the game pretending my modded dwarf character is him going around killing the disfigured ghosts of his asshole family members.

EDIT: He's not actually so much a dwarf as he is a shortened character model with only the forearms and forelegs attched because my friends and I just really wanted to play as a dwarf, but... He also has the same hitbox and targetting as a normal guy, so archery and combat of any kind are an immersion nightmare, but it was worth potentially breaking the game.