WatchNon-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Message

Got a favorite storygame? Can't beat The Wal*Mart Game? If you're here to play storygames, this is the forum for you.

The Elders Of Emar

21 days ago

I am really looking forward to Part III of The Orion Chronicles: The Elders of Emar! :D

The Elders Of Emar

21 days ago
I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about. Got a link?

The Elders Of Emar

21 days ago
Orion is Bill's SciFi series. I wasn't aware he teasered the next one though.

The Elders Of Emar

21 days ago
Oh, duh.

'Orion Chronicles' is pretty generic sounding tbf. Now if he'd mentioned something exciting, like grass...

The Elders Of Emar

18 days ago

For the very small number of people who slogged their way to the "winning" ending for Grass Planet, there is a tease for Part III... as well as an explanation that I went with the name "Orion" because at the time I was writing Part I, that was a beer that happened to be on tap at my favorite brewpub.

The Elders Of Emar

18 days ago
Yikes, I outed myself. I tend to view the first ending of a storygame as the "winning" and canon branch though. I always find it interesting when real life affects the current WIP. Some influences are more clearly shown, like yours. All the breathing/meditation stuff from Unbroken is directly from the yoga training I was doing at the time. And yes, Sterling is based on a real woman. The same tends to happen with whatever book I'm reading at the time, which makes me nervous as subconscious plagiarism is a tricky thing. If ever accused, I just quote Ecclesiates 1:9.

The Elders Of Emar

18 days ago

Glad you enjoyed Part II! My plan is to publish Part III over the winter.

might do one more stand-alone storygame first by year's end, but I am looking forward to working on "Emar."