Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Mentorships

7 years ago

Not sure if an idea like this is in place or where something like this might go, but after reading some of the newer storygames I thought that newer authors might benefit from some sort of mentorship program. Considering that I've never written a storygame, one can take my opinion with the appropriate weight, but it seems like some of the less successful storygames suffer from basic problems like pacing, plot structure, and character development. Those types of things aren't easily taught or addressed in a forum message. However, partnering with someone more successful at writing with a desire to help might allow their work to get the individual attention it might need to grow and flourish. Any ideas on whether or not something like this might work?

Mentorships

7 years ago
It might, but why would the experienced person want to partner with them?

You can already post your story and get public opinion on it, which in the end is fine I think. Most of those skills will be learned with time and practice.

Mentorships

7 years ago

Writers can use the forums, messaging, articles, etc. if they use none of these things, it's a fault on the person. Not the site.