Player Comments on Surviving Research Proposal

This was certainly an interesting concept. It is similar to others that really make good CYOAs, where the reader has to select options that will help them reach towards a certain and specific goal. The idea of the research paper is a neat one, too, and certainly can be a real challenge, at least in real life. But in this story game, well, it really turned into a “make the right choice or you die” game. Well, you don’t die, but the game ends rather quickly. I certainly appreciate the idea of the different choices, but in this case you don’t really have any choices because any wrong choice simply ends the game.

While you could make it this way, I think a great way to improve this might be to allow the user to make choices that affect the outcome – but then the outcome could have a range of options from completing your research or gaining a grant because your research was so awesome, to having nothing to turn in on the due date. You could add a lot of other options as well so that the reader can make different choices without the story ending right away. I think this is a great start and with some expansion and more options and endings, this could really be a great story.
-- Ogre11 on 7/15/2018 4:30:39 PM
Honestly I think the story could of been written better, but it was fun being short and all. I do wish that the choices were slightly harder and that the choices weren't obvious. Its good but I do think it could be improved.
-- LCarnage on 2/19/2019 11:16:07 AM
ool
-- Davefaster on 2/18/2019 1:10:33 PM
It was a pretty good, short adventure about creating a research proposal, except the choices were pretty easy to make. You could choose between procrastinating and researching, and if you wanted to be successful, it was obvious which choice to make.
-- aegmorst on 2/12/2019 11:17:32 AM
Interesting concept, but in the end it seemed short.
-- nemecbe on 2/11/2019 12:25:17 AM
This storygame almost reminds me of cheesy training courses on WHMIS or web security practices, except that it's aimed at people who are just getting started in research. If this is meant to be for the general public, it's really strange. I think this story would benefit from being less vague about things. For example, the story mentions "your research topic" several times instead of just spitting out what it is immediately.
-- Lockirby2 on 2/10/2019 9:25:05 PM
The game as such is nice, but the path to victory is clearly visible. So anybody can lie about themselves and win easily. Also the length of the game can be improved, as i finished it in just 5 minutes. All said, it's nice.
-- RamDanny on 2/8/2019 10:56:27 PM
Stars (things you did well):
There were no grammar or spelling issues and you played the stress involved in a funny way (such as running off to another country to escape your research proposal). You also made sure that there were no random death links; anyone with a clear head could get through.
Steps (things you need to work on):
Honestly, for me it felt like it was too short. I feel that if you added some detail (like what you're researching) it would improve it. Although it may not contribute to the game, it adds to the story.
Final comments:
I look forward to seeing more of your work. And, before publishing, ask yourself, "Would I rate this an 8/8?" Is it good enough to meet your standards?
-- Cupcakitty__13 on 2/8/2019 3:36:32 PM
This story game was okay. It had some choices but it was not very interesting or fun.
-- Faervel on 2/7/2019 9:43:33 PM
You recieved an eh! on the nomnom scale... Your writing was not bad, but it was a little dull... at least for me, but hey nice job!

Conversion Chart:
yuk!=0-1 stars
eh!=1-1.9 stars
meh...=2-2.9 stars
nom=3-3.9 stars
nomnom=4-4.9
nomnomnom!=5-6
-- Cake_Oi on 1/29/2019 3:14:15 PM
This is pretty cool! The only thing is I wish it would be longer. 4/8
-- caitm on 11/4/2018 9:27:54 AM
Wasn't really even a game. Pretty linear.
-- crazygurl on 6/12/2017 8:37:46 AM
I liked it.
-- FerrariEvoluzione645 on 8/25/2016 6:54:02 PM
What.. is... this? I'm not sure how this is supposed to be entertaining. It seems more like a cheery guide to writing research proposals... If that.
-- AllThatIsGold on 1/9/2016 12:28:38 PM
This whole game is no, just no. The anwers are pretty obvius on top of that.
-- Dmanxbox on 12/16/2015 4:32:00 PM
Assuming this is for a school project about the right way to do assignments this is perfect. If it's for anything else including entertainment purposes then... no. Just no.
-- Will11 on 3/9/2015 9:07:04 AM
This was pointless.
-- Jordi P on 2/16/2015 12:52:16 PM
Was this made for an assignment or something?
-- Swiftstryker on 9/18/2013 2:22:24 AM
There are some people who can do this without putting forth much effort, so this doesn't apply to everyone.
-- alienalpha on 9/17/2013 8:42:49 AM