Cupcakitty__13, The Contributor
Hi, everyone who's reading this! I'm assuming you want to learn a little about me, so here we go.
I love reading and writing. I especially love CYOAs. I am often bursting with ideas, so if you're in need of a muse, I can help.
My favorite genres are fantasy and historical fiction, but I dislike horror.
I also have a large vocabulary (next time someone insults you, just call them an abecedarian) and spelling and grammatical errors make me cringe.
One of my favorite quotes (which doubles as a writing tip) is this:
You must simultaneously believe these two things about your writing:
1. My writing is the greatest work of art this universe has ever seen.
2. My writing is a worthless heap of sludge.
"Oh no... where's my password! Calm down... I'm sure it's somewhere. But what if I can't find it! All my stories... lost? No... I need to find it."
Help this budding author find her password... or all will be lost. (All her storygames, I mean.)
There exists a magical realm called the Dreaming. There are two parts to this realm: there is the part full of light, which most people enter when they sleep, and there is the Sea of Night, where unspeakable terrors lurk. These Terrors of the Night seek to escape from the Dreaming and invade the mortal world.
You are the only one that can stop them.
It all started with a letter to a magical school... (No, this is not Hogwarts.)
You've made sure not to forget your storygame password; written in your journal in visible ink. And for your 13th birthday, your parents have bought you your very own laptop! However, there's just one problem: your brothers ripped up the sticky note on which you wrote your password and hid the pieces all over the house!
Help Elle find her password in this sequel.
Recent Posts50 words story thread. on 3/2/2019 5:22:07 PM
Perhaps there was a summer's day
Where I once was in love
But the moment has now faded away
With nothing but dreams it is made of
And now I pour my heart onto the page
So I shall not forget
My love, flown away to the heavens
The Official Jurassic Fairview Park forum! on 2/8/2019 6:06:43 PM
I've seen a few scattered messages here and there, but there hasn't really been anything long or permanent about Jurassic Fairview Park. I toyed with the idea for a little while, then finally decided to make an official forum. It might just be the hardest game on this site, so I suggest we team up. (Oh, and be sure to post here if you beat the game.)
I have a few tips. First (and we've all heard this one before) buy the books. They really help. Second, go with the guards, and tell an extensive lie. They'll be sure to thank you.
That's all for now!
The Dark Room on 2/8/2019 5:27:41 PM
C. Yes, but only if it isn't rigged.
(And you can't kill us off because we're already dead!)
Character Backstory Questions on 1/31/2019 5:38:46 PM
I compiled a list of 25 character backstory questions you might want to ask yourself when you're making a (heavily plot-driven or character-sriven story) character. (Oh, and if you're wondering why it says "you" in place of "your character", it 's also for my D&D campaign.)
Character Backstory Questions
- How wealthy is/was your family? Were they poor, middle class, or upper class? Why?
- Where did you live? Was it a rural area or a town? Or did you live in the wilderness?
- Do you live near/in the place that the adventure starts or are you a newcomer? If you’re a newcomer, why did you come here? If you live near, which people do you have a connection with?
- Who are your parents? How is your relationship with them? Are they alive? If not, how did they die?
- Do you have any siblings? If so, how is your relationship with them?
- How do you know the other PCs? What are your thoughts on each of them?
- Who are/were your friends that played an important role in your backstory? Are any of them PCs? (Check with the player first before making this a part of your backstory.)
- What was your education like? Was it in a classroom or learned through experience?
- Who was your first love? What happened to them?
- Why did you become the class you are? Family tradition? A divine calling? Did you know since birth that it was your destiny?
- If you weren’t adventuring, what would you be doing?
- Why do you adventure? (Please give more motivation than killing monsters and acquiring treasure.)
- How do you feel about the gods?
- How do you feel about other races? (humans, elves, dwarves, etc.)
- How do you feel about evil races? (goblins, orcs, ogres, etc.)
- Why do you stick with this weird band of misfits who like to tie male newcomers up and knock them unconscious?
- Do you have any rivals? Who are they? How do you feel about them? Why are you rivals?
- How do you feel about magic?
- What are your goals?
- What are your favorite things? (foods, hobbies, seasons, holidays, colours, etc.)
- What do you fear most?
- What do you hate the most?
- A large band of goblins and hobgoblins is approaching. What do you do?
- An orphanage is on fire, and the children are trapped inside. What do you do?
- The home of the local money lender is on fire and he is trapped inside. He recently put the orphanage into debt and was planning to replace it with expensive houses. What do you do?
Happy 2019 everyone!!! on 1/1/2019 8:54:58 AM
Story Chain! on 12/29/2018 9:49:55 AM
"Wait..." said Ruska. "Am I... on Earth?" Grace laughed. "Of course, silly! Where did you think we are, the moon?" Ruska turned pale. "You okay? The teachers have been getting ice packs for many people. I can see if I can get you one." "No... that's okay." Suddenly, a black-haired person came down the aisle of the bus. "I'm Skyler. Any room?" Wait... this must be the Grace and Skyler! The rulers of the civilization on Earth! But... Everyone thought it was just a myth. Now I can prove them wrong! That is... if I ever get back... "Are you sure you don't need that ice pack? You look queasy. "I'm... fine."
Choose the story-sort of. on 12/27/2018 12:50:42 PM
Grace stared out the window of the school bus. They were going to a neighboring school, as there had been a heat wave, and that school was the nearest one with air conditioning. They better crank it up, she thought. There's going to be so many people in there. But finally, something remotely exciting other than the typical rhythm of monotony in my life. "Man, won't they just get going already?" said an unfamiliar voice, jolting Grace out of her thoughts. "I mean, the school bus is even hotter than the school itself." Grace looked up to see someone with black hair and a smiling face. "I'm Skyler. May I? Everywhere else is full." Grace could already discern several empty spots other than beside her. Still... she could use the company. And there were worse people to sit with. "Sure." she agreed. On the drive there, she found out that Skyler was gender-fluid. "But I'm currently female." she explained. This was the most interesting person Grace had ever met! But there were far more interesting things to come...
Choose the story-sort of. on 12/27/2018 12:25:24 PM
I just realized that this website-- or more specifically, this forum-- is the perfect place to attempt something I've been yearning to do for a while now. Here's my idea:
Basically, you write a chapter of a story (via a message) based on all the preceding chapters. Please don't wrench the plot off its tracks. You can have a story about a hippie going into a fantasy-sci-fi combo dimension with his half-feline friend, but you should at least attempt to connect the plot lines smoothly so that it isn't a terrible hodgepodge of nothing that makes sense, it's a hodgepodge that actually resembles something along the lines of a story. Kinda reminds me of my D&D sessions...
But let's get on to ground rules. There's very few of them, so don't worry. Just don't write 2 chapters in a row, and always leave an opening for someone else to continue writing. Just because you're happy with the ending where everyone is joining the undead ranks of the evil necromancer doesn't mean everyone is.
I'll kick it off with a chapter of my own. Take it from there!
Emperor's zoo... what do I do? on 12/23/2018 11:31:19 AM
I can't find the third type of water. I think it's hidden somewhere in the mountains, but how do I get to it?
Suicidal Skies: where is the code? on 12/15/2018 2:41:57 PM
For the death instructions, I can't find the code I'm supposed to solve. Is it in the item description, or hidden somewhere else in the game?