The Labyrinth of Monyx

Player Rating2.88/8

"#847 overall, #58 for 2011"
based on 119 ratings since 05/17/2011
played 1,028 times (finished 139)

"wandering through the desert"

"So short yo' momma thought it was a recipe"

"appropriate for all ages"
Stories with this maturity level will not, by design, have any potentially objectionable content. An example of a type story with this rating would be a quiz on mathematics.

Explore the legendary Labyrinth of Monyx, fighting monsters and seeking treasure!

I wrote this choose your own adventure back when I was 12 or so. It is very much influenced by The Warlock of Firetop Mountain. It has a combat system that I have worked into the game using scripting and I think it works quite well.

I've included much of my original artwork, touched up and colorized for the new century!

Beware, the Labyrinth can be quite confusing to the unitiated traveler! So adventure on, and I look forward to your feedback!

(Oh, and I'm sure there are some typos. I'll be correcting them in time. Please pardon me and feel free to point them out if you want to.)

This is a good game. If you added plot, and some more description, you could probably get a commendation if you pester an admin enough. Gave you a higher rating because of the pictures, though.
-- The_Broken_God on 4/22/2019 2:21:13 PM with a score of 0
this game is trash
-- -- on 11/11/2018 2:54:59 PM with a score of 0
Well... no plot, but I award you a point for the cute pictures.
-- Fluxion on 6/9/2018 7:41:13 AM with a score of 1
"Congratulations!

Your score (i.e. the number of battles you have won) is 5.

1-5: You can't be serious!!"

No, never serious, but seriously, I have endless provisions that can be used again and again during battle so technically I can never die in battle. Is this an error? ;)
-- TestingJest on 12/7/2017 12:40:24 AM with a score of 5
Randomness has a place in adventures/stories/RPGs etc. hit/miss, gambling, so on and so forth, it does NOT work effectively for vital life or death decisions, there needs to be strategy involved, test a reader's intelligence, guile, or willpower, not their patience.
-- MrSnuggles on 9/19/2017 12:34:31 AM with a score of 1
This game is purely luck-based, has no actual story, and utilizes a boring combat system. I is nigh-impossible to beat on the first try due to the unpredictability of walking in random directions with no real hints.
-- Luke Raymer on 6/26/2017 5:08:09 PM with a score of 8
This game has no plot whatsoever. I don't see any plot development (because there is no plot) and this game includes bunnies killing you. Not very realistic.
-- DiniTheWizard on 6/21/2017 9:46:20 PM with a score of 0
Well, I won. I didn't use a single item, I rarely got hit more than once (except towards the end), fighting monsters was a One Click Battle with no other options (you can't even run away or defend), and I just guessed all the combinations without earning any of them.

I don't mind that there's no plot. I don't mind that there's no characters. It's more like a dungeon crawl...kind of...and I can appreciate that. It just ended up as a frustrating maze after a while.

So, yeah. It could use some work.
-- Saika on 3/13/2017 1:15:41 PM with a score of 8
The game ended but not bc of my choices. That's why I rated it so low. It felt like a cop out.
-- Quorrah on 1/18/2017 3:50:20 PM with a score of 5
I just get stuck in a loop of fighting bunnys and jellyfishes
-- CeruleanFlare on 12/20/2016 3:06:22 PM with a score of 2