Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

The Advanced Testing StoryGame - Help Needed

11 years ago

So it's been quite a while since I've used the Advanced Editor, and looking through B&P, it seems like there's some bugs. I'm a bit afraid to touch the code... especially without some tests. And that's what I'm hoping from you guys.

I'd like to make a Storygame that will have the sole purpose of testing both the advanced editor and the storygame engine. It should both feature working and broken things (like the infamous $ITEMSTATE bug, which was a bit confusing to me). This may require some multiple storygames, i dunno.

But this storygame will allow me to debug, fix, and extend advanced features without having to worry about breaking critical functionalities. I'm hoping you guys (who, truth be told, know more about the adveditor than me) will be able to identify what needs to be tested. Things like scripting, variables, I dunno.

What do you guys think? Does this make sense?

11 years ago

Yes it makes sense. If I may suggest a member to help you out Ziakra is a really good scripter on the site on par with October or JJJ

11 years ago

Cool, so what do you think... should I start a game and look for Co-authors... or?

11 years ago

Makes sense. Start a storygame and use some of the basic fucntions that you know work, then add some people like cool suggested, who know the bugs and have them add them to the storygame to show you them.

11 years ago

What you should do is make a storygame and add October and Zikara as co-authors (and pop them PMs). I'm not aware of any bugs in the editor that affect me, but both of them have found them before. I'd say, you should let them demonstrate where the bugs are and then go about fixing them. No guesswork.

11 years ago

I wouldn't mind helping with this. I think I'd have to play around a lot before I'd start remembering the bugs I used to run into, as I've been gone for a while.