Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hello I'm new well sorta and I have a question.

7 years ago

I loved this website and played a few games and lost the name of this website and I am so happy I found it again!

But my question is why is Warrior Cats banned?

OK I'll admit I am a fan of warrior cats but I'd never make a game about its not in my interest and its banned but why is it banned?

7 years ago

Boy, I really need to save a copy of this explanation one of these days, I'm getting tired of re-writing it:

Warrior Cats as a fandom was banned because of the conduct of the fandom. Several fans of the books came to the site en masse and began writing several stories per day which were all below general site standards; such as extremely poor quality, glitching / inability to complete the game, dead ends, missing links, repetition, cliched dialogue, exc. Some stories also contained content that the CYS community found objectionable, such as the main cat character being bound and raped, so on.

A story below site standards has to be removed or unpublished, regardless of the topic or author.

As a result of the flood of stories, CYS became one of the top results for WC on Google, and became even more overrun. Meanwhile, the WC fans were demanding special treatment because they felt that anyone criticizing their stories or unpublishing them were 'haters' who just didn't 'get' the books or were trying to stifle their creativity, apparently, even though we were judging them the same as everyone else.

Barring a few trolls, senior members did try to help the WC fans improve their quality of writing in order to meet site standards and stay published. I was one of them. For my efforts, I was cussed at, cursed, insulted, dismissed as yet another hater, or summarily ignored.

That kind of treatment and willful refusal to follow the same standards as we all follow eventually bred contempt, which led to forum wars and general unrest on the site. Peace was attempted on several occasions and other solutions to fix the problem were tested, but failed. One of the site admins eventually settled on a temporary blanket ban which, considering it's the only thing that even remotely helped, is probably never going to be lifted.

7 years ago

Well, I just saved this for any other n00bs who care about WC.

>.> You're welcome.

7 years ago

Umm, that all sounds very frightening. War with the Warrior Cats? Are certain threads still able to be accessed or were they all purged into oblivion from being reached by normal means on this site?

7 years ago

The majority of the evidence of their assault on the site was removed or unpublished, yes. If you dig deep and far enough, you might find something.

7 years ago

Yeah, and you can see physical scars, but not mental ones. 

*sheds a single tear

7 years ago

Thanks for the response sorry about that stuff that happened glad to see the situation was handled though thank you for the response.