Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

cdrive1's Storygame: Warhawk The Red Mercury War

7 years ago

I am going to make a Storygame based on a game from my childhood...Warhawk from 1995-1996. I will ask questions as things come and hopefully will be able to make a Storygame.

First of all, Genre: Should it be Sci-Fi Adventure *Given the futuristic setting* or should it be Fanfiction *As it is based on a pre-existing property*

Second: Rating....Now this one is a bit iffy....Obviously it isn't going to be a kiddy thing *As the original did NOT shy away from horrific moments in the Game Overs.....Seriously someone in the ESRB should have been FIRED for their incompetence *K-to-A my ass!*

@Endmaster @ANYONE who has made CYOAs in the past

7 years ago

Well this should be in WW first of all since this is for your storygame.

Oh and Fanfic.

7 years ago

Right right, sorry about that ^.^'

7 years ago

Currently I'm thinking *Because I LOVE detail and Warhawk had some pretty brutal things in it for a game rated for Kids to Adults! *The 7 and up rating back in the day before the proper E for everyone rating* It would probably be a maturity level of 6 *Aren't you a little Old to be Trick or Treating* MAYBE 7, we will properly determine when beta is thrown about....Lets see: I know alot about the obscure game so details I can recall, Now Warhawk the game made for the PS3? *which I am incorporating some aspects of into this* THAT I don't know, so that's where I can call on you...*Replace one side with an army led by...well, here's a video for you: https://youtu.be/Qs0uHO3ANoA?t=8m30s*

7 years ago

But yeah....Lets see....I am going to have 4 Co-Pilots each with their own set of skills. 2 are going to be guys, 2 are going to be girls because equality!

But yeah, now I am wondering 'Who's path do I start FIRST?' Because its a one step at a time motion....

The 4 are as follows: *Tell me where I should do a specific change or two*

Kaplan *Quick Reflexes, Good with Missiles, Terrible Shot and Not as Calm*

Donner *Exact Opposite, Good Aim, Able to do a tricky bit of aerial acrobatics with greater ease, Slow to shoot, Hesitant.*

Lana *Knows how to find the bombs and use them to full effect, Not good against Aircraft and Machine Guns are weaker due to configuration*

and Mary *Has good Anti-Air Capability *Meaning STRONGER MISSILES AND MACHINE GUN* and knows how to find Missiles, Not good against Ground Targets and Bombs are almost entirely out of the question.*

*ALSO The quote on my Profile Page is from Warhawk *PS1* and could be used as a bit for a dramatic trailer.*