Non-threaded

Forums » Reading Corner » Read Thread

Dust off a seat and discuss a good book here...you do read, right?

James Patterson

17 years ago

the title says it all really. i like The Jester, and believe it or not, 1st To Die by James Patterson. anyone else?

nate

James Patterson

17 years ago
I never have read James Patterson, but I have heard that he is a very good author

James Patterson

17 years ago

most of his books have short chapters. and i really do mean short. the Jester has chapters that are only 2 pages long! but there are over 100 chapters lol. he keeps to the action, doesnt spend too much time describing the bushes over on the other side of the building that dont help the story anyway. in otherwords hes not Tolkien or Goodkind. lol i like his stuff.

nate

James Patterson

17 years ago
Hey thats good. I should try reading one if I don't have an assaigned reading assignment. I do like how Tolkein wrote the Hobbitt though. 

James Patterson

17 years ago

Tolkien kicks ass :D

Patterson is also quite talented though.

Banjo, welcome to the site I'm JJJ.  Nice year to be born by the way.  Thats supposing 92 is your birth year.

James Patterson

17 years ago

Patterson is so boring! i read When the Wind Blows and half way through the book and i quit. then later i continued from where i left off and i realized thats when all the action started. Took half the book to get interesting. Then i read the teen novels Maximum Ride, and those are okay, but again, its boring for a while!

i have jester, just havent read it yet. As well as a whole bunch of those number series, like 1st degree (or whatever yous aid...)

James Patterson

17 years ago
**1st to die

James Patterson

17 years ago
I agree

James Patterson

17 years ago

i liked first to die. however, its about a group of women crime fighters. lol however, you need to read the Jester. its about the crusades. a bit of a catholic overtone really. artifacts and such. but its a strong story. that is my favorite book of his.

nate

James Patterson

17 years ago
I love Jack Whyte's rendition of the crusades.

James Patterson

17 years ago
Nice to (ummmm) meet you JJJ. Thanks for the welcome.

James Patterson

17 years ago
Uhh... Your welcome for the welcome! :D

James Patterson

17 years ago

I used to read Patterson.  I liked Along Came a Spider quite a lot, also Kiss the Girls.  I hated the ending of Roses Are Red, though.  I think after a while, he got so into having multiple killers and trying to trick the reader that it got nearly impossible to figure out what was going on.

Useless Fact:  I saw JP on a TV interview once.  The interviewer was reading him quotes from his novels, and he was supposed to guess which ones they came from.  He guessed Mary,Mary for every single one.  He didn't get any right.