Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
Saw it at the midnight show. 

What a great movie.

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
Yeah, we're going to see it tonight. Can't wait! Christian Bale FTW!

Here's a hilarious spoof of the TRAILER for The Dark Knight (with no spoilers, mind you):

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8sYBqhOEdRQ

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
Bale, Ledger, Eckhardt, Oldman.

All gods of cinema, imo.

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
Indeed.

The thing about Christian Bale is that he's almost exactly like my brother. They both like Japanese stuff and even look similar. My brother is younger obviously, but I can see him looking almost identical to Bale in maybe 5-10 years. Maybe sooner.

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
I like Japanese stuff.  Does that make me almost exactly like Christian Bale?

Have you seen American Psycho? 

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
Uh...are you mocking me?

No.

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
Uh. . .maybe.

pity.  Bale's fantastic in that one. 

"I think my mask of sanity is about to slip"

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
I just came back from watching The Dark Knight. AWESOME!!! That's how sequels should be. A similar formula to Batman Begins, but with different happenings obviously. Good stuff. I could go on with a full review, but I'm tired.

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
(I don't remember the exact words, but it had something to this effect.)

Cop: It's my experience that every villain want's something. All of em! So tell, me. WHAT DO YOU WANT?!?
Joker: ...I just want my phonecall.

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
Really?  I though he wanted his face on the one dollar bill... My, his motives sure have changed. :P 

I haven't seen the last two movies, but I remember all of the old ones... beginning with the '89 Tim Burton film.  I'm not a fan of Burton's work (i.e. Nightmare before x-man... I mean x-mas, Corpse Bride... Ugh, Willy Wonka), but the Batman movies, although extremely cheesy, were pretty good.

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
Yeah, I saw this with some friends on the weekend. A few jumpy seens. I got kicked in the foot/shin a few times by the person sitting next me and the guy on the other side of her got backhanded in the face. Didn't downplay the movie at all, though. It was fantastic. I thought everybody was talking up The Joker because Heath Ledger died, but he did the best act I've possibly ever seen. Very realistic, and great plot. More depth to it than just "bad guy shows up, Batman beats him". Had good themes to it. I liked it heaps.

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
Ledger got the idea of the Joker more than Nicholson did.

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
Yeah, I felt so guilty after I heard the news that Ledger...died...after the Dark Knight. I just watched a movie that he gave his life for! It's like blood money, but very different (I don't know - the analogy makes sense to me). Ledger apparently took his job a bit too seriously; but at least it made the Joker more realistic. And that's the thing: I thing if I see TDK a second time and really focus on the Joker, I bet I would notice that the Joker would seem a lot more realistic and better-acted towards the end of the movie because Ledger got increasingly more crazy as production went on.

Anyway, to Heath Ledger! I shed a single heartfelt tear. Your acting shall not be forgotten!

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
How'd he die exactly?

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
Drug overdose. Many assume it was accidental, also several facts point to it being accidental.

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
Well, I don't see why he'd do it on purpose.... Still, what does that have to do with being the Joker?  Anubis is making it seem like he died because of the role.

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
Some say it was because Ledger got too involved with his character, the Joker, and went bananas-with-scars. But now that you mention it, it does seem...far-fetched. Honestly I didn't know that the man's death - rather, cause thereof - was controverted. Accidental drug overdose seems likely, but it's still fishy...

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
He had several prescriptions, for sleeping pills among other things, and from a couple of different countries, too.

Official cause of death was an accidental overdose/ bad drug interaction.

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
Funk official stuff! He was killed by Batman!

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
Case closed!....

Way to ruin the ending.

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
What ending? Joker wasn't even killed.

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
Thanks for ruining the ending for anyone who has not seen it yet. Lol I think Zero set you up to spoil the ending on purpose.

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
Warble warble warble....

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
Haha, that's double gay.  I haven't seen it yet.... Now, instead of spending $9 to go see it, since I already know what doesn't happen, I think I'll just watch it tonight on OVGuide.com (great web site  ;)  )

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
I hate you people! Still, I rather see it in theatres.

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
I was GOING TO, but there's no reason to now.  Free for me, thanks to Nuby.

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
No, dude, seriously, go to the movies. Makes it so much better. It's definitely worth it. You need the cinemas for this movie.

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
Yeah, you need the big screen and awesome surround sound for The Dark Knight. Pure pwnage.

The Dark Knight

15 years ago

Anubis: If you want that just go to an IMAX 3-D Theatre. ThI am actually going to one this weekend! I leave you all messages about it!!!

XOXO- orangelilly

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
Heh, prepare to get freaked out by the Joker. Excellent acting, and a superb character overall. The Joker was really fleshed out, giving you that creepiness of a madman but his back story almost made me feel sorry for him. Almost. Unrivaled stuff, man.

Enjoy The Dark Knight, lilly!

The Dark Knight

15 years ago

m' kay! oh yeah chriss goot imploded on!!!

lol

XOXO- orangelilly

The Dark Knight

15 years ago

seeing it tomorrow

and the great thing about reading movie threads from the bottom up, as a rule, you get to the people complaining about the spoiler, before you get to the spoiler.  A la, I was not spoiled.

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
lol, Good tactic, man.

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
i am actually not seeing the movie because i am going camping. which i think is COOLO!

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
Well as soon as you come back, see it.

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
Seeing it in an hour and a half :D

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
when i come back i have to go sumwhere. but we have to roder tickets b4 it gets sold out again... lol

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
omg... AMAZING...

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
the movie, or orangelilly?

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
Heath Ledger, predominantly.  But the movie.

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
Mmm, Heath:  You're a great actor and a tasty candy bar.

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
If you like paint.

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
oh and death.

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
heath can't kill you, that's a dirty lie spread by the Skor people.

The Dark Knight

15 years ago

lol... But if you eat him, you're eatin' some death (and paint)

(a la candy bar statement)

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
makeup makes the skin taste better

(Cult Classic -- Cannibal Clowns)

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
I like chocolate!!

And see what I mean, JJJ?

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
Yeah, amazing film.

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
I also like Cillian Murphy.

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
Oh, and I'm pleased they SPOILER ALERT

Killed Rachel.

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
Indeed. But I also like when SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERTED SPOILER ALERT.

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
Totally agree.

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
I suppose they'll be introducing Catwoman at some point, then.

Part of the problem with Rachel was that serious Bruce and serious Rachel don't really create any chemistry together.  If Bale is the straight man, he needs a more dynamic female to play against.

Yeah, whatever, she was a strong female character and blah blah blah.

Too often they're so concerned with making a "not-your-typical-damsel-in-distress" chararacter that they make a "typical-strong-serious-driven-woman-with-no-real-character-flaws-who-isn't-very-interesting."

The Dark Knight

15 years ago
Word. Even the type that I can't see without high-lighting the text.

(If you play Legend of Zelda or similarly made Adventure games, you'll get the joke.)