Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Would you read it?

12 years ago

Hey guys, I'm working on a story called "Burning Revenge". I don't know if any of you will be interested in it so i will just tell you what it is about here.

Your a boy named John. School is finally over and summer is here. Your friend Flint decides you, your girlfriend (Emma) and him should go on a road trip. First stop was soul city. On the way there, you fall asleep. Emma wakes you up and tells you you need to stop for gas. You stop at a local gas station and Flint runs out to put some gas in. Bikers suddenly come and run inside the gas station. They kill the owner. Flint tries to start the engine but it dies...blah blah blah...

The bikers eventually kill Flint, Emma and you and ride away. You are sent to hell and there you meet the devil. He gives you another chance to avenge you and your friends. He gives you wings and you fly out of hell. You wake up in an alleyway in soul city. You find more info about the gang. blah blah blah. An event will come up in the story when the Devil will ask you to choose one power of his to posses. One is the Penance stare and another is Hell Fire. Oh yeah, and sometimes in the game, you have to suck in your wings or you will end up dead.

Thats just a short description of what my game about.

Please tell me if it's a bad game so I don't waste my time making it. Thanks.

Would you read it?

12 years ago

For an odd reason, it reminds me of the movie: Drive Angry. I personally thought the whole biker gang cliche is way too bromidic.

As far as I'm concerned, it would be a really good story if you had a few minor adjustments.

Would you read it?

12 years ago
Honestly, the storyline doesn't intrigue me personally but I'm sure some would love it. A few minor things:

1. It's really weird that my friend really wants to take me and my girl out on a road trip. Why does he want to be a third wheel so bad?

2. What did we do to earn going to hell?

3. Who names their kid flint? hahaha

Would you read it?

12 years ago

Ok, thanks guys. i've deleted the storu and now i'm working on another.