Non-threaded

Forums » News & Updates » Read Thread

Keep up with the latest contests and find out what's been changing with the site.

Minor Update (v20120629) - Featured Comments, Snea

11 years ago

There are a few minor bug fixes, and one small new feature: Best Comments. This new feature should help new readers identify which comments are helpful/insightful.

Also… a sneak peak of the new listings page. I think it’s much closer... anything missing from the new listings page?

11 years ago

Does featuring a comment come with an automatic point reward?

Edit: Doesn't look like it does.

No matter, thank you for the update! I went ahead and did the featured comments for Magus, Necromancer and OMS. I think that three per game is a good idea because it leaves lots of room for new comments to be recognized but it's enough to accurately depict the story.

11 years ago

The moving sidebar is a little annoying - I think it'd work better if there was a way to make it stick in the same spot.

As for the rest of the page - it's looking great!

Edit: To clarify, by "make it stick in the same spot" I mean making it so you can still see it no matter how far down the page you scroll, but it doesn't play catch-up to where you're scrolling - it always occupies that same position.

11 years ago

All the descs are OMS's.  That's all that's off.

11 years ago

The side bar changes position on the page (which gives it the appearance of staiying in about the same spot in the window), but it does so in an animated way (it quickly moves to "catch up" so to say).

So... do you mean that the movement shouldn't be animated (as it is)? It should just move constant with the scrollbar position?

11 years ago

Yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry for not being clear.

11 years ago

Splitting the list into pages might make it clearer and easier to browse. Right now its hard to find the same thing twice if you arent sure about the name and dont remember slider position.

11 years ago

The new page looks great.