Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

nice boxes and lines

6 years ago
@Ogre11 Tell me how to do the boxes around the page title and links and how to make borders and things. I want boxes too. I demand this knowledge.

e: Actually on second thought just PM me, let's keep this secret knowledge like the way to get past the witch doctor that only I have ever figured out. No one gets boxes but me.

nice boxes and lines

6 years ago
@BradinDvorak I think you can answer this for the rest of everyone. I would copy-paste the code but I've heard dragons like to talk.

nice boxes and lines

6 years ago

It's pretty simple. You just need to get the right CSS selector and then apply a border property to it. For example, the story title is "h1" and the links container is ".dark1border + div > ul".

nice boxes and lines

6 years ago
I don't know what any of this means.

Pretty convinced you're just making up words here actually.

nice boxes and lines

6 years ago
Hmmm...

As I recall, there are three ways to do that: my way, the hard way, or the easy way.

My way is to copy and paste a whole pile of crap in more than one script and more than one page from one story to the next. I don't even completely remember how it all works. The hard way is the way that I did it when that script was placed and fixed up. Since that time, someone had pointed out an easier way to do that, likely BradinDvorak. I'll look around and try and remember how I set that mess up...

nice boxes and lines

6 years ago
Here was the code for getting rid of the bullet points in the options. This is the article for doing a title page, which does some of that stuff. I know there was a post talking about the more effective way to replace images that are all over the place a better way than I have done it...

Aha! And This is needed if you change the background colors because the images around the links blows things up.

nice boxes and lines

6 years ago
This seems complicated.

nice boxes and lines

6 years ago
That is why I got it setup on one story, then I've copied and pasted to every other story...

nice boxes and lines

6 years ago
Oh, but for the page titles, that's simpler than the links. Every single page title I have has a span tag in the title (yes, I type that on every single page title), then in the global script I add some CSS to format that item.