Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

Text Beneath Links

5 years ago

In the advanced editor, is there a way to put my story text below the options, or else, probably better still, embed story options in the text?

Example:

Blaha blaha blahq alh albha aljlaj aei bajoring

{link}

{link}

{link}

Blaha blaha blahq alh albha aljlaj aei bajoring

Text Beneath Links

5 years ago

Alternative Example.

asdf jklo qwert zop bobob Jessica wef asldger aosd aetd acetwa asd awed wedge fliper Trevor. poiu yterwq fdsa lkjhg...

[page continues, then at the bottom are the regular links]

Go Back
Continue

Restart

Text Beneath Links

5 years ago
Yes, though I imagine something like that would likely confuse many readers. That said, check out this page towards the bottom where it talks about the link to next page. Follow those instructions and instead of putting that link in the title, you'll put it in the text body. But I really would caution this because I just don't know that it makes sense for the reader, especially one who is used to seeing links at the bottom.

Text Beneath Links

5 years ago

Thanks! Tell you what, I'll give you the first preview of what I'm doing with this.

Text Beneath Links

5 years ago
Yeah I've seen stuff like that in Twine but never felt it really added to the story. Plus it encourages you to move to another page before you finish reading the one you're on, or else means you read past this distracting text and then have to scroll back up to it to click it.

Guess it depends on how it's being used, but if it's just background info on the characters or whatever I'm not sure if that's really necessary or worth the effort as opposed to normal links.