Non-threaded

Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Thread

Post reports about problems or bugs in here.
This bug was closed 4/21/2023: all better now

Page content vanished

one year ago

I had a page in the storygame I'm currently working on that lost it's content at some point in the last week or so.  Specifically it was Page 22 in "A Night in Chicago".  I can redo it I think, and I'm not exactly sure when it happened as I had finished that branch of the story so wasn't keeping an eye on it.

Page content vanished

one year ago
The only thing I can think of is that if it was left open in a tab it could be a glitch with the RTE refreshing itself?

Haven't touched the RTE in a very long time but I vaguely recall it used to be able to do that sort of thing on occasion. Although it's possible it was just closed without being saved properly, I've had that happen a few times anyway when juggling multiple tabs.

Page content vanished

one year ago

It could be.  Unfortunately I hadn't looked at that page in at least a week or more, although the links to child pages disappeared as well.  What's weird is child pages themselves were there and fine, it's just this one page in the middle of a block that reset to new except for the title.

Page content vanished

one year ago

Yeah that happened to me once. It happens if you save the page in a different window, or save the whole game, without having first saved the individual page. Hope there wasn't too much on it.

Page content vanished

one year ago

eh, it was 3-500 words.  I remember what the gist was, so it's not a tragic loss, just a noteable one.

Page content vanished

one year ago

Oh no.

Page content vanished

one year ago

It is worth noting that I have been checking my story and what I thought I had put on the page I thought was blank had actually been added to another page as variable text.  Apparently I just forgot that I had changed my mind on how the story flows.  My apologies for any undo concern from the devs and staff.