Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was accepted 1/15/2017: Agreed
This feature was completed 1/17/2017: Done... indirectly.

Different rating descriptions.

9 years ago

I know this has been suggested before, somewhere, I think in that one big Site Updates thread discussing whether or not all WC should be removed. (Totally should, if only once just for an initial cleanup.) but that's not what I want to talk about. I'm talking about our 1-8 maturity rating system. See, the halfway point is described as being Slightly more fun than homework... Which, to me, is worse than saying Choose your own boredom, or, in another analogy, slightly less evil than Satan. You must have some pretty fun homework, Alex.

5 is described as most halfway points on a 1-10 list are. And 2's description sounds like more of an insult than 1. (Which, if I'm discontented enough to rate it a 1, would make me feel like insulting it all I can.) I don't really get it. Is it secretly like an 1-10 thing, like the maturity rating is secretly a 7-8 thing, but the likes of 9 and 10 are physically unachievable by CYOAs? (Or, like the maturity level, games that good are simply not allowed?)

9 years ago

This actually isn't a bad idea, but it would take a long time to edit the current ratings.

9 years ago

Alexp could probably do it programmatically, which wouldn't take all that long considering it would just be a little over a thousand iterations, but he'd probably have to take the site down temporarily so it wouldn't mess anything up.

Edit:  I misunderstood the topic, I guess.  I really have no comment on the current descriptions.  I think they're only there to give young people a better understanding of the system.