What can I say about myself? I love to read, write and play the guitar (flatpicking and classical, mostly, but I do enjoy folk tunes and Civil War diddies, as well). I have a lot (and I mean a lot) of varied interests and hobbies. I won't bother to bore you with a long list, though. And I'm also on constant lookout for "real life" adventure wherever and whenever I can find it.
I haven't published anything yet, but it's not for the lack of trying. I've gained a few wrinkles, a few white hairs and a bald spot (from tearing my hair out in frustration) because of it, too. There are always too many ideas flooding me while I write that I just can't seem to hold on to a single one long enough to see it through.
Anyway, I've been a member here longer than this profile would indicate, so if there's anything I can do to help, just let me know...
Let's talk about story structure!
on 5/3/2017 6:02:41 PM
Since I don't watch a lot of movies or play video games, there isn't a whole lot left pertaining to story structure after discounting all the references.
If it's references you want, then reading this, I felt a little like Captain Picard when the Enterprise encountered the Tamarians in the "Darmok" episode.
Could you give a translation for us "normal" humans?
4/20 Blaze It
on 4/20/2017 1:03:06 PM
The only April holiday I observe is the 15th, which I celebrate every year by filing for a tax extension.
Steve demands attention!
on 4/16/2017 5:37:20 PM
1. Mostly left, I guess. It depends mostly on the specific issue.
2. Yes. Parents of unwanted pregnancies should definitely be aborted.
3. Various protestant. 0, but if I'm proven wrong and the end times does come about then I'll definitely be a 5.
4. Live and let live. Just keep your filthy hands to yourself if you know what's good for you.
5. Same as #4.
6. Why did I agree to answer all these silly questions?
7. I was just talking about this the other day with someone in RL. My opinion is that we should trade all of our entitled, worthless people who are too good to turn their hands for anyone willing to work.
8. Can't answer this until Trump actually decides what his final position is on something...anything.
9. Same as #4.
10. I'm a Trekkie. Star Wars is just stupid.
11. I think we should just scrap all of them and start over.
12. Sometimes. Cutting me off in traffic, backseat drivers, know-it-alls, taking up a whole aisle in a supermarket because you're too busy texting to look up and see that some people are in a hurry, answering a cellphone in the middle of a conversation... That's enough for now because I feel a rant coming on.
13. As someone who already has enough guns, yes I do.
14. Depends on the circumstances. (See #12)
How do you do actually create it?
on 4/6/2017 8:38:01 PM
Directly under the heading Advanced Editor > Properties there are links. Click on "Chapters & Pages".
All usernames in red
on 4/5/2017 6:52:47 PM
I just noticed that everyone's username in threads is red. I don't know if anyone is awarding Commendations right now, but not awarding them for a few days could be the cause.
All New Storygames Link Error
on 4/5/2017 4:14:51 PM
I think the new stories have enough ratings now.
Top 5 Movies
on 4/1/2017 10:41:50 PM
1. Raiders of the Lost Ark
3. The Silence of the Lambs
[Forum] Age limit on new users
on 4/1/2017 11:36:53 AM
Well, yeah, something to prevent the site from being flooded by horribly written stories would be nice. Maybe a limit on how many stories could be published from a single IP within a given time period? I don't know if something like that is even possible or whether each school computer has a unique IP or not.
[Forum] Age limit on new users
on 4/1/2017 11:30:30 AM
I may be wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that this site was originally intended to be "Family Friendly". I'm not sure how attempting to deter young people from even signing up would prevent immature trollish behavior and the spamming of the forum since maturity has almost nothing to do with age.
Here's something depressing to see in my messages.
on 4/1/2017 11:07:03 AM
I wish now that I hadn't deleted my old ones. Of course, I haven't been a member here as long as some of you, but the reminder of how old I am is depressing enough.